Chapter 4

I watched their face fall in misery after Austin announced that we are mates in front of his family.

His parents, Alpha Drias and Luna Iona stared at their son in shock while the twins, Alyana and Aeros stared at me, wearing an identical straight-face which made me feel uncomfortable.

I looked up to see Austin's face only to find him watching his parents' reaction seriously. I then looked down at our finger-locked hands wondering if this is the right thing to do.

Or was it too early?

"Austin! what lies are you spouting in front of your family!" His father shouted but Austin seems unaffected by it.

"I am not lying, this man is my mate." He pulled me closer to him and I gasped a little from the sudden movement.

The atmosphere inside the cabin gone cold and quiet. As I expected, this is gonna be hard.

"Austin...I think this won't do-"

"You!" I stiffened when the Luna stood up from her seat and pointed a finger at me. "What spell did you cast to my son you worthless witch?!"

I stared at her in fear.

"I-I'm not a witch-"

"You dare to talk back at me!" Her voice went higher and higher in every words she spokes.

"Mom." Austin hid me on his back, away from his mother who's ready to pull my hair off. "Don't speak that way to my mate, please." He begged and his Mom calmed down a bit but still shot me a glare.

"Are you telling the truth son?" We both looked at the Alpha who's glaring at his son in anger and disappointment. I felt Austin's hand sweat up a bit.

He's afraid. Yet he still introduced me to his family...

"Yes Alpha. We're mates and I wanted you to know first." He looked down at me with a sincere smile. "I'm not planning to reject him even if you ask me."

My chest tighten in felicity from his words.

Austin, what did I ever do to deserve you?

The Alpha heaved a sigh of defeat and we both looked at him with thrill.

"Give me some time to think about this first. This won't be good and the pack would not accept this." He massaged his temple before looking at me coldly. "I won't ask you to reject him," His eyes then focused on his son. "but you have to hide it for awhile and whatever decision we might come up with you must accept it."

Austin nodded without hesitation and I smiled on how amazing he was.

I never thought they'll accept us, but it seems like the Alpha loves his son so much.

'See~' Austin teased me using telepathy and I playfully glared at him.

'You won.' I smirked and he grind ignoring his family, he lean down and pressed his lips against mine. I blushed hard and he chuckled.

"You-"

"Please get a room son." The Alpha glared at us and Austin stiffened.

"Yeah. Thanks Dad, Mom!" He waved before pulling me out of the cabin, but in a second I found a chance to look back at his family.

My whole body stiffened in fear when I found the Alpha and Luna glaring at me in disgust and anger.

I have a bad feeling about this.

"Aren't they amazing!" Austin cheered and I forced a chuckle as I watched him walk in front of me.

"But we can't stay calm, we'll never know what decision they might come up with." I pointed out and he snorted before turning to look at me.