44: Epilogue

ZHAO MAMA passed away quietly, without anyone's notice, except for Feng Mian and Fei Long

ZHAO MAMA passed away quietly, without anyone's notice, except for Feng Mian and Fei Long. But this fact was something they would bring to their graves. A burden they both shared.

After all, if Feng Mian couldn't bring Ying Yue to her death personally, merely ruining her reputation and way of life, how could she sully her hands for a life not worth killing? She made Zhao mama's life suffer at the end, watched how she gave up on the struggle to live, seeking the death she'd wanted for decades.

Zhao mama never wanted to live the life of a prostitute, she needed money to survive and assist her child no matter how poor their conditions were. She wasn't the smartest mother on Earth, but she did her best. And she didn't know what was her child's best choices for she stubbornly decided on her own and followed her young foolish heart to wait upon a man who married another.

She ruined her own life and her child's with her own hands. She also understood that it was her who ruined a perfect family, consequently killing Feng Mian's mother and ruined Luzeng's initial plans of following after the true Will. Then she neglected what was good for her daughter despite gaining a better lifestyle.

Nevertheless, she wanted to end it all. So many mistakes and no way to mend them all, she was just tired. Furthermore, she had been trying to suppress her STD for a while now and she wouldn't have long to live. It was either she struggled to live for a short while or die now and joined with the Earth. She chose the latter, witnessed by one and known by two. Her life ended there.

Ju-Long was reaching his 1 year old birthday and Fei Long had been fussing about the celebration

Ju-Long was reaching his 1 year old birthday and Fei Long had been fussing about the celebration. While Feng Mian was not keen on big events. As long as there was a cake and noddles for longevity, it was a birthday. In fact, she never celebrated any of her own birthdays until after a year of being acquainted with Fei Long who gave her a surprise dinner in the office. They were take outs, since he was tight on time.

However, such a simple gesture was rare for Feng Mian. So she tolerated him a little better since. Although she still couldn't help wanting to stab him with her pen from time to time. Fortunately, that tendency got better after getting together as it seemed a barrier was no longer hindering the teddy from acting out his heart.