Chapter 8

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dedicated to random_hijabi789

Asmaa arrived a few minutes ago and I was done preparing dinner.

We read asr and magrib together before going downstairs to set the table. Asmaa was really quiet and it was bothering me. She is not the quiet type. This girl loves to chat and is an extrovert. I was getting worried but my worries eased once I saw her face glow up.

Her smile illuminated her whole face once she saw what we having for dinner. "CHICKEN BURGER AND CHIPS!",she scram.

"I can't brea...the Asmaa ...let go", I chocked out as she squished the living guts out off me. She loosened her hug on me and smiled. "I love you!!" , she scram in my ear. "I know you do darling", we mimicked a couple crazy in love. We laughed at our "couple" antics and sat down to eat.

We ate in peaceful silence as both of us were enjoying the meal. I had given Candyfloss his food before we sat down to eat. As usual he moved his cat bowl next to my feet. He always eats by my feet, as if he likes eating with me. "Meowww"

"What's it kitty?", I asked amused as he rubbed against my legs. He sprung up to my question and ran to the packet of cat food I left on the floor.
" You want more food kitty?".
"Meowww", he replied indicating a yes.

Asmaa is always confused as to how I understand him." He only says meow and you get what he is trying to say?!?"

I laughed lightly and nodded my head."This is my Candyfloss kitty , I understand him just like how he understands me. "

Asmaa ate to her fill and smiled once she was done. "That was ...Hmm I don't know, it was soo good I'm lost for words." I laughed at her as she was sitting lazily on the chair. Her head was back, her upper back leaning against the chair while her belly and legs were stretched out in  front off her .

We cleared the table while making small talk. It was weird seeing Asmaa this quiet. I decided to ask her after Isha salaah.

Reading salaah with a friend, a sister, feels calming and loved. Usually I read salaah alone except if it's with Aunty Khadijah, Asmaa or my Candyfloss kitty. Yeah he reads with me as well and I just love it when he tries to mimic my salaah actions.

After we were done reading Isha and some Quraan we headed back downstairs. I couldn't wait to see her reaction for what we were having for dessert. I pulled the cake out of the fridge and...

 I pulled the cake out of the fridge and

( Picture from Pinterest)

" WOW THAT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAKE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!" ,her eyes glowed with awe as she stared at the cake. Her amusing smile made me believe she definitely was coming around her usual self again. "What's the flavour? I hope it's not chocolate undercover and you trying to kill me with the horrible undercover chocolate cake! And why in the world is there candyfloss on the cake?!?!".