Chapter LVIII

Dedicated to: @Ari182703

Cayden

I should've not said those stuff to her. I know I hurt her feelings and it also hurts me seeing her crying. If I could just go back in time and punch myself in the face before I started rumbling up those words just to let her see how it hurts for me, seeing her with someone.

I should've not let her go before. I should've just told her the truth, even though she'll end up hating me every other way. I should've told her that I love her before, I should've told her all those things that I have regret before making such a dumbass move that made her slip through my fingers even more.

I can't see the worth of my life, living each day full of regret. I am unable to do what I want to do without her by my side, supporting me, giving me love and showing me what is right and what is wrong, what to do and what not to do.

I should've chased her when she left. I should've but instead, I just watched her walk away because I know it is the best thing to do and that she wanted some space, even though I know that she doesn't.

I arrived at our house after Hailey and I fought. I am hoping that she would rather go here than go back to her home, knowing that it wouldn't be safe for her. But, I know she's smarter to not head back to her house since it screams danger, even from the distance and by hearing the story that she told me.

The front door of our house opened, seeing my dad leaving the house, "Where are you going?" I asked him.

"I'm going to the company, I need to check on some files and bring them back here for revision," He said and I nodded my head. "See you later," he added as he starts walking towards his car.

"Wait," I stopped him. He looked back and gave me a questioning look, "Have you seen Hailey, by any chance, this evening?" I asked and it took him a few minutes to gather the question I asked him.

"No. But, I know that she went to the school's prom, which by the way, aren't you going? Because it seems like you are dressed for the evening," Dad asked as I look down, taking a look at the black tuxedo that I was wearing.

"No, I changed my mind," I said, "Anyways, night!" I went inside and closed the front door, sighing as I walked towards the stairs and head into my bedroom. My phone starts ringing as I'm about to take a step on the stairs.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket, sliding my phone to answer the call from Amelia.

"Hello?" I said.

"Oh my god! You answered!" Amelia says, sounding a bit panicky on the line, "Hailey has been kidnapped and I don't know where the guy took her but please, come quickly here at her house. I've been shot in the leg by that stupid guy," She says.

My eyes widen, "Alright, alright. I'll send an ambulance on the way," I said as I ended the call. I slipped my phone back into my pocket and ran out of the house and into the garage I went.

I unlocked my car and hopped in. I put the keys in the ignition and the engine roars to life as I started driving, forgetting to buckle my seat belt for safety but hoping that Amelia is fine and Hailey is still alive and safe.

After hearing about what happened to Hailey, it made me mad at myself. I told her I was going to protect her and that I will be there by her side no matter what happens, but now, I'm not there to protect her. I just wish that I will be able to find her in no time.

***

I arrived at the hospital, together with Amelia and the emergency team that has been there with us inside the ambulance, performing first-aid to Amelia while we are going all the way here.