06

Previously on Silver Moon…

“I’m Gabriel Tomlinson. You met my brother a few minutes ago. Randall along with Kai, are a part of our pack.” Gabriel immediately replies, turning to Cobie. Gone were Gabriel’s blue eyes, swirling in their place were yellow eyes.

-
-

“Tomlinson…” Cobie echoes. “The Erik I met a few days ago and the one in your house… he’s Erik Tomlinson?  And you’re his brother?”

“I just said that.” Gabriel replies, looking away from the road to briefly glance at Cobie. “Do I have to repeat what I just said a few seconds ago?”

“No, I heard you. It’s just… not the answer I wanted to hear from you.” Cobie replies honestly. He looks away from the window, allowing his gaze to fall to his hands. His contact lens were itching him and like always he ignores it.

“I heard you say you hate wolves. Am I close enough to you for me to know the reason why?”

Cobie looks away from his eyes, willing the memories back to the back of his mind. Remembering those months years ago was the last thing he wanted to do. The pain still felt raw. He absentmindedly raises his left hand to his eye. He remembers the blood leaking out of his eyes, remembered the pain he had felt when the man had used the knife to-

“Are you okay?”

Cobie frowns when he hears the voice. He wasn’t there, so why was he hearing his voice. Why was he hearing Erik’s voice? He opens his eyes and everywhere was dark. He blinks repeatedly but his vision still remained dark, almost like he was stuck in a fog. Everything was dark, the skies were pitch black and he felt alone. His heart began jackrabbiting, he wasn’t sure what the next step was.

“Stuart Little…”

The fog clears and right in front of him is a street light. Cobie rubs at his eyes harder, he lets his hands fall back to their place and blinks slowly. Silently praying to the gods for help. The next time he opens his eyes, he was back in the car and Gabriel was hovering over him with a scared look in his eyes. Soft hands with perfectly manicured nails were cupping his face.

“Cobie? Are you okay?”

Cobie blinks one more time. He lets out a sigh and leans forward, softly batting Gabriel’s hands away from his face. Now that he was all together, he notices they were parked on the side of the road. He looks away from the road to Gabriel who was still looking at him with worry.

“I’m fine, I promise.”

Gabriel shakes his head. “No, I think you need to see a doctor or something. You look pale and you were shaking violently a few minutes ago. Was it because of what I said?”

Cobie looks at Gabriel and does something he hasn’t done in a while. He reaches out to him. He places his hand on Gabriel’s own which were resting on the cup holder. He softly strokes Gabriel’s hand and looks him in the eye as he speaks.

“Yes, it is something you said but I’m okay. I swear.”

Gabriel blinks repeatedly and Cobie fears that the man was pushing back tears. Was this man who didn’t know him well about to cry for him?