10.

Season 1 Episode 10: The World Inverted

Grace had taken Khloe away from the warehouse and towards Jace, Clary, and Meliorn before Raphael had taken her back to Hotel DuMort.

Meliorn had explained to the sisters how thankful he was and that he should not have doubted Izzy.

Izzy had left to return to the chaos at the Institute laving Jace, Clary and Khloe with Meliorn.

Khloe's silence did not go unnoticed by either of the two Shadowhunters, but neither questioned her knowing that whatever was wrong had to do with a certain male Lightwood.

Meliorn was leading the three shadowhunters through a forest of beautiful greens trees, to where Valentine was meant to be.

As a thank you Meliorn told the shadowhunters that he would take them to Valentine. If it had been any other day Khloe would have been relieved, but today she was scared.

Today would be the day she would finally face her father, and she needed Alec by her side for that.

Without him, by her side, she realized how much she actually needed him and it all sounded cliché but he had her happy, and he distracted her from the fact that her life had turned upside down.

"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore," Clary said breathlessly looking around at the trees.

Khloe looked up from her hands and took in the emerald green trees and the crystal blue sky, the chirps of birds and the sound of water in the distance. It was literally something from a movie.

Khloe would've taken a few pictures if she had a camera that wasn't her phone. 

Meliorn looked back at the two girls. "Welcome to the Seelie Glade Khloe and Clary Fairchild. The remotest edges of it."

"How did we get here?" Clary asked Jace confused.

"There are entrances all through the Mundane world," Jace answered simply.

"You just have to know where to look," Meliorn added glancing back at the Shadowhunters a slight smirk on his lips.

"Why did we have to come here to find our father?" Clary asked.

"Because of your necklace." He replied as if the answer was obvious. "It's a portal shard."

"Tell us something we don't know."

"How does it work?" Meliorn asked.

"When I touch the crystal and I think of someone, I can see where they are," Clary answered.

"We can see where they are," Khloe hissed. "Don't mistake my silence for absence."

"Right, sorry," Clary mumbled.

"I'm curious, Shadowhunter, who knows so much about portals, did you never wonder why this portal shard doesn't behave the way normal portals do?" Meliorn asked as he continued to lead the Shadowhunters through the woods.

"Normal portal can only take you to places you've been," Jace said. "I guess I never really thought about it." 

"I see Isabelle is the smart one in the family." Meliorn smiled causing Clary the chuckled and Khloe roll her eyes and scoff knowing how true it was. "Your Portal shard works the way it does because it's a piece of a portal from another dimension."

"Oh how lovely, another dimension." Khloe sighed. 

"So you're saying there's a portal in another universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them?" Jace asked.