★ Chapter 56: Odd ★

Sans grimaced as his discomfort on his chest forced him to open his eyes and wake up from his peaceful slumber.

Sans looked to the side, expecting Grillby to greet him with a morning kiss and a cuddle like usual, however, it seemed as if today that wouldn't be the case.

Grillby was still asleep.

It was weird.

Sans rubbed his eyes.

4:17 AM.

Sans sighed, clenching his hand over his chest.

It felt.... a bit painful.

It felt almost as if there was a needle stuck in his ribcage.

It was very, very, uncomfortable.

Sans quietly got on his feet, careful not to wake his husband, and tip toed to the restroom, closing the door behind him.

okay what the hell is going on... Sans thought as he took off his shirt and inspected his chest.

Nothing.

Intrigued, Sans took out his soul.

Once again, nothing.

"hm. that's odd." The confounded monster mumbled as he proceeded to put his soul back in place.

"Knock knock"

"Sans? You in there?" A noticeably still half asleep Grillby mumbled.

"yeah, grillbz. i'm gonna take a shower. now go back to sleep, big guy" Sans said before letting out a long silent sigh and smiling at the thought of Grillby's adorable tired expression.

The pain was gone without even him realizing, and that almost bothered him a little.

He absolutely hated how his body was just plain.... Weird.

But of course, he shrugged it off.

Skeletons are strange, and for him, a skeleton, to say that, it certainly makes that statement true.

Not even him, from apart being a skeleton, an ex-scientist, understood his race.

Sans turned the water on to a steamy-hot temperature and undressed, carefully then stepping into the tub in which he would be for the next half-an-hour thinking how mornings would be if he could take showers with Grillby as he tried not to blush at his thoughts.

—•ღ•—

Grillby served a cup of alcohol and handed it to his customer.

Today it was such a slow day, it was barely noon.

"Yo Grill!" A familiar voice shouted from behind.

Grillby turned around.

"Oh hello, Red Bird. You're early to your shift. Your shift doesn't start in like an hour."

"Well you see, G, I just couldn't wait to see you so I can congratulate you! The whole social media is going rampage since MTT posted a picture this morning of your proposal to Sans last night about an hour ago! When I saw this, I literally exploded into cheers. Congrats, man!" Red Bird exclaimed.

"Oh thank you!" Grillby laughed.

"Yo! Folks! A round of applause for this man's successful proposal to the love of his life!" Red shouted.

Applause roared in, causing Grillby to lightly blush at the huge amounts of attention.

"Thank you, thank you" he constantly repeated to the crowd, his voice almost becoming into a murmur.