Ch 24. Sorry.

"You sure you're okay?" Jisoo asks for the millionth time.

"Yes. Don't worry about me
Jisoo-ssi." Jimin assures.

Jimin was sitting in the hospital bed with a few busted ribs and a bruised up face, but he felt fine. He had already explained what had happened to everyone.

"I really think Chen is more involved in this case then we think. The way he fought against me was someone who had been trained before." Jimin says.

"I'll look into it." Jisoo nods, patting his hand. "For now, get some rest. We need you back in tip top shape."

"Of course Jisoo-ssi." Jimin smiles. "You guys should go home now, it's late and it's starting to rain." He says looking out the window.

"Okay. We'll come by tomorrow. I'll send the boys back to school, but we'll stay behind with Chaeyoung and Lisa." Jisoo says.

"Okay. Have a goodnight." Jimin says, giving them a wave.

"You too Jimin, rest well."

Jisoo and Jennie made their way back out to the hall to see Lisa and Chaeyoung coming back from the cafeteria.

"Hey, we're gonna head back now. It looks like the storm has started. Are you guys coming too?" Jisoo asks.

"I think we're gonna stay behind. Keep Jimin some company." Lisa says. 

Jennie reaches forward and hugs Chaeyoung. "He's Okay now. You don't need to worry." She says reassuringly.

"Thanks Jennie." Chaeyoung says quietly as she hugs her back.

"We'll be back tomorrow." Jennie assures.

Lisa and Chaeyoung nod. "Goodnight guys."

"Goodnight."

•••

Jennie stood at the front of the hospital as she watched the rain fall hard from the dark night sky. The bright light of the hospital entrance giving her comfort.

"Hey! Don't worry, I bought an umbrella!" Jisoo smiles as she jogs up behind her. She opens it and wraps her arm around Jennie's shoulder. "Lets go."

They take a few steps forward before Jennie is stopping them. "Wait," She says looking down at the ground. "It would be a shame to let these shoes get soaked in the rain water." She says reaching down to remove her heels.

"Come on, I'll carry you on my back." Jisoo motions. "Hold this." She says handing Jennie the umbrella before bending down in front of her.

"Lets go." Jisoo smiles when Jennie doesn't move.

Jennie shakes her head at Jisoo's ridiculousness before reluctantly climbing onto her back.

"Seea-jah!" Jisoo groans playfully as she wraps her arms around Jennie's thighs and lifts her up. "You've really turned into a piggy. I can't carry you anymore!" She teases, making Jennie giggle.

Jennie holds the umbrella above them as Jisoo carries them towards the underground parking lot across the street.

"Kim Jisoo." Jennie says.

"Hm?"

"Would you ever have given up on me?" Jennie asks.

She watches as Jisoo thinks for a moment before speaking.

"I was afraid that if I went away, there would be no one to save you day after day." Jisoo says. "That there would be no one to deal with your bad temper...or your clinging...or your late night cravings for milk ice cream." She smiles fondly. "I was afraid that you'd be taken away. That the world would no longer be able to see your gummy smile....so no. No I wouldn't have given up on you. I will protect you until the day I die."