Chapter 2.

I never realized how much the neighborhood had changed in the last few years. Houses were abounded and some held refugees who escaped their continent.  Many children were now orphans. But not my family.

 We were still a whole, except for the death of my father. Before he died last year we were a strong family.  We were known around our continent and probably around the world, with both my father and brothers being three of the largest member in the North American gang. That was until my dad died.

He died in a bomb raid against The Savage. After my dad died, The Ferocious were weakened and scarred.  Their biggest leader was dead and remains of the gang lay in ruins.  This is how a rivalry began.  As soon as my father was pronounced dead  The Ferocious took it upon themselves to start a massacre in London.  Nobody knew exactly how many died but Seth once told me it was somewhere around 2,000.

 I never ask Seth and Elliot anymore then the information that I'm thankful they give me every time they call.  They haven't called today which was strange because they usually call right before breakfast but they probably just working or sleeping. 

 As I was pulled out of my thoughts, I realized I was already at the market. I turned off the car and got out of the vehicle.

 While walking into the market i realized that many people were looking at me. I didn't think anything of it people knew who I was and I usually got a few stares. Today must be a day were everybody seemed to notice.

 When I finally made my way into the milk isle I grabbed what I needed and left trying to disregard the stares that I was receiving. They seemed to be worse today then ever before, probably because new untrue news was out, but I still could not wrap my head around the fact that people were giving me pity looks. Then I began worrying.

 My brothers haven't called today.  Had something happen to them and I was unaware of.  I began rushing to the front of the store to the check out counter. I waiting in the short line and as soon as I placed my things on the moving belt the cashier gave me a look.

 "It's on me" she said bagging the milk and handing me the bag. 

 "Excuse me?" I said scanning the woman's face. She had pale skin, dark brown hair and light hazel eyes.

 "I can pay for it. You're going through a lot" she said fishing her wallet out and putting three dollars in the cash register.

 "I'm not trying to be rude but, do I know you? I feel slightly awkward letting a stranger pay for my food"

 "Milk" she corrected giving me a smile. "And its my pleasure, I know your brothers and father" she said giving me a subtle wink.

 I glanced down at her name tag. It read in small blue letters "Annie". I never heard of her but she seems to know Seth and Elliot.

 "Now go, I have customers and I don't think they'll like the idea of me paying for other customers" she said shooing me with her hands. I shook my head and walked out of the store.

 My brothers still haven't called today.  I was told by them multiple times not to call them because they could be doing important business, but my nerves were starting to get the best of me. I knew better not to call so instead I began driving to the bank.

~

 The drive to the bank was longer then I remember but I don't complain this is the most that I was allowed to be out in weeks. When I finally park my car I check my phone to see if Seth, Elliot, or even my mother have called. Nobody. Not even a text. I sighed and pushed the falling pieces of hair out of my eyes.

 I unbuckled my seat belt and grabbed my purse from the passengers seat.  I got out of the car and began walking into the bank. I passed a newsstand of papers and picked one up in case the line was long in the bank. 

 I was correct there had to be at least twenty or more people in the line.  I stood and waited and opened the first page. It talked about how the North American government was trying to gain back their rights, but we all know that it isnt going to work. The next page was pretty much the same as well as the rest of the newspaper, that was until the last page.

 The title of the article alone had the hair on the back of my neck sticking up. It read: 

 "The Savage plan multiple attempts at kidnapping family of The Ferocious"

 I glanced at the picture under the title, it was a large truck with The Savage symbol on it in a deserted town. The photo seemed recent as well as horrifying. I looked down to see a long article written on the bottom, the line for the bank was still fairly long so I began reading.

 "After multiple attempts at getting The Ferocious to surrender, Savage are taking matters in their own hands.  Savage's leader, Harlan, is rumored to be wanting to capture family members and close friends of those in Ferocious.  It seemed like an empty threat but just yesterday Savage sent one hundred men to America in hopes to find family members of Ferocious.  Insiders say that the mass capture will begin at night of October 15th."

 My blood ran cold, were they talking about our family? They had to be my brothers are two of the biggest leaders.  But why would they want to use family members to get us to surrender? This could be a rumor too.  Didn't October 15th already pass?

 I was pretty close to the front of the line, I could just ask the lady at the counter for today's date.  But my anxiety was kicking in and I had to know immediately.  There was nobody behind me so I tapped on the shoulder in front of me. 

 "Excuse me sir?" I asked the bald man in front of me.

 He turned around with his thick eyebrows raised. "Yes"

 "Do you happen to know the date?" I asked scanning his wrinkly face. He glanced down at his phone before looking back up at me.

 "Today would be the 15th of October" he said with a smile before turning around.

~