11- The Emperor was Right

A beautiful spring in the palace is truly captivating. The soon to be emperor is sitting with his wife in a grand pavilion. The sun is so bright, unlike his feelings.

"Gege, you don't look well. Are you okay?"

The Gege only sigh silently. Starring at the girl's stomach. She is soon to bear a child, the first heir in the generation.

"Lu Yu, if you are not an empress. What do you want to do?"

"Hm?" The young girl is confused. She had waited this coronation her whole life.

"Do you have a dream life? Like something that you really want to do."

"I want to be with long Gege."

She's too naive. My poor little empress,

"And?" The emperor asks.

Lu Yu thinking hard, she doesn't know whether she could say it or not.

"Speak your mind."

"Gege, Lu Yu actually really like the countryside life." She checks gege's face, looking for a sign if she can continue.

"That sounds great."

"Yeah, I feel like that would be awesome. I wish to live in a cottage next to the river. Right in the middle of San mountains. The weather will be so nice there. So we can harvest vegetables and fruits in our backyard." Lu Yu explains excitingly.

"Gege also wants to live there.." he smiles, stroking her long black hair.

"We can also hear Huang Li Niao* every night and morning." *kind of yellow bird

"Have you ever been there?"

"No.. but does Gege want to promise me something?"

"What is it?"

"Let's live there, in our next life." Lu Yu smiles at him. And the emperor kisses her forehead. "Sure."

"Now, do you want to promise Gege  something?"

"Huh?"

"Please wait for me." He looks straight to her eyes. "Our life as the parents of the nation will start in a blink of an eye, and it's no flowery path."

"..."

"Lu Yu, it may take a year, two years, or even five years. But trust Gege, I know what I'm doing." The emperor is now very serious.

"Lu Yu doesn't understand.. what does Gege mean?"

"Hahaha.. you don't need to think about it. Just remember that Gege will always love you, even when you thought Gege have totally forgotten about you." The emperor pinch her cheeks, smiling.

____________

At Lian Kingdom (present)

A forty years old king held a meeting with his officials to discuss about their invasion plan. Their first attempt to poison the river went smoothly. The river flows from Lian Kingdom to Zhang kingdom, that's why Lian Kingdom could still use fresh water.

"Your majesty, there are about 200 commoners died because of the river. If this plan succeeds, there are no way Zhang kingdom wouldn't surrender."

"HAHAHHA! I know we don't need our bilateral tractate with that small kingdom! Just burn the document." *talking about the other two kingdoms