four.

CHLOE WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF HER FRIEND YELLING HER NAME ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HER DOOR

CHLOE WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF HER FRIEND YELLING HER NAME ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HER DOOR. Her blue eyes flickered open to see her TV playing cartoons while she was wrapped up in a blanket, sprawled on the couch. She still had the dress from last night on as she rolled off the couch, landing on the floor with a loud thump. A wince released from her as she scurried off the floor towards the door not even thinking about the events of last night, or the fact that there could still be a strange man sitting in her room.

She flung the door open, having to take a step back after almost hitting herself in the face with the door. "It's too early for you to be this loud." She whined at her friend.

"Says the girl who was still sleeping at two in the afternoon. We made plans for today and you never showed up." She explained.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Junie." Her eyes widened before she looked from her room back to her friend.

"Wait, did you sleep with someone?" June asked while pushing Chloe out of the way to go 'check out' the mystery man in her room. Chloe's mind was racing as she slammed the door shut and ran after her friend who now flung the door open to reveal no one in her room.

Chloe's eyebrows furrowed as she walked in and saw that the desk was closed and locked up with her window being wide open. Her eyes searched the room frantically looking for any sign of the man who was once sitting on her bed. The key to the desk was sitting on her desk which made her quickly snatch it up before June could look over and see it. June never knew what it went to. All she thought was that it went to an old compartment Chloe's father used to use and tell her stories about. "See, didn't sleep with anybody." Chloe sneered with a shrug as she looked over at her friend.

A sigh escaped the girl as June continued to examine every part of the room. "Okay then. Get dressed because me and you have plans today and I need to go grocery shopping, but I don't want to go by myself." Chloe rolled her eyes before shuffling towards the bathroom with leggings and an oversized shirt in her hands. As soon as she was done, it was no time before the two were walking out of Chloe's apartment. While June had been waiting for her by the kitchen, Chloe quickly unlocked her window and laid her desk key on top of the desk just in case Bucky had decided to go back.

The two walked into the store that currently was full of people talking and the sound of the registers being used. One thing Chloe hated was going to the store since it was always packed. "I swear I hate this place." She muttered as she walked close by her friend looking at the many shelves full of food.

"Yeah, I know. You never have any food at your place." June explained as she picked up a bag of chips and threw them in her cart. Chloe rolled her eyes as she continued behind the girl who was engrossed into the products surrounding them. She spaced out until she heard June speak towards her. "Oh my God, look at what happened to Wakanda."

Chloe's eyes trained to the TV screen they were in front of and saw the explosion of the Vienna International Centre in Wakanda playing. "Holy shit." Chloe muttered as everyone around them whispered about it. The Winter Soldier's face appeared on the screen making Chloe take a step forward. There was no way that it was possible. Chloe just saw Bucky-the Winter Solider-hours ago. Hours before the explosion went off.

"Winter Soldier strikes again. Not a damn surprise." June sighed grabbing the blonde's wrist and pulled her away towards a new aisle. Her brain kept replaying everything that was happening with her seeing the Winter Soldier to the explosion happening and people assuming it was from the Winter Soldier himself. Chloe stayed quiet the rest of the shopping trip as she followed behind June not wanting to speak in fear of saying something about seeing him yesterday.

After what felt like forever, Chloe stood in the check out line, putting things on the belt along with June. Everything in the girl screamed to get back home and call Steve to see what was going on. She didn't know what to believe especially knowing what Bucky was capable of when he was in assassin mode. June tried her best to get the girl to talk, but she kept her mouth shut the entire time after seeing the footage of the bombing. It played in her head on a repeat considering every time she looked at a screen that's what was playing.

Chloe helped out June when it came to getting everything back into her apartment, others even helping the two girls out after seeing how many bags filled the trunk of the car. Chloe's heart felt like it was going to explode over how bad she wanted to get in her apartment to see if the key on her desk moved. To see if there was any sign of Bucky being there and that he wasn't the one who caused the bomb to go off outside of the building.

She practically ran towards her door after June released her from her place. Busting in, Chloe scanned her apartment when she quickly closed the door and locked it before running towards her bedroom to see if the key was moved. Her hands grabbed onto the handles and pulled the doors open seeing the key still in the place that she left it.

Chloe's eyes went towards the window back to the key when all she could think was three words: Bucky did it.

author's note
okay honestly after writing this chapter it makes me want to rewrite this book into first person since i could be able to put myself in chloe's shoes, but i don't know. what do you guys think i should do?