CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Kronos's POV:

Disclaimer: These next few chapters will contain abuse and violence.
You have been warned

FLASHBACK:

"Well? What are the results?!"

"Your son seems to be fine... but... scarring will ... I'm sorry, Luna." I didn't hear nearly all of what the doctor said, my head hurt too much.

Some crying increased, my mothers next question was the one I wanted to hear the most. "How about my mate? How is he doing?"

Silence answered, along with some papers being flipped. I was struggling with staying awake. The medicine from the infirmary, I'm guessing, was kicking in. My determination was wavering, but I had to push my limits to know if he was alright.

Finally, the doctor answered, but it wasn't the one I was looking for.

"He's in a coma, Luna."

And the darkness pulled me in once more.

***

"Kronos, wake up. Please."

Groaning, I peel my eyelids apart. Bright lights welcomed me back, pulling me into the smell of nasty medicine and heaving coughs. Taking in my surroundings, I slowly turn my head to find my mother staring at me with sorrow.

"Welcome back, Kronos. How are you feeling?" She asks, rubbing one of my hands in a loving manner.

"Hurts..." I replied.

She grabbed a cup of water that was filled by a nurse previously and fed me it with great urgency. I drank the cold liquid as it quenched the dryness in my throat. Exhaling in relief, I turned to look at her once more. "Mom... am I going to be okay?"

Tears gathered in the edges of her eyes. "Yes, thank the moon goddess that you are alive. But... you'll have some scarring, Kronos."

I rose an eyebrow, "Where? On my thigh? Leg?"

"Some on your back and your legs. Nearly half can be healed, and the tracing of slash marks will be healed as well. That definitely won't leave any scars." She rambled, wiping her tears.

Pondering in my thoughts, I tried to look on the bright side of things. "It's okay mom. The scars will make me look cool."

She chuckled a bit, but it vanished. Blinking my eyes slowly, I asked something that had been on my mind since I woke up. "Is... Dad in a coma?"

Mom didn't answer, but instead started to cry harder. I could only watch with wide eyes of a she-wolf, without a mate, crying out her soul for him. The sobbing and wailing increased as the mother I knew broke down and never became the person I knew ever again.

***

After mom broke down, she slept near me for a few hours but awoke suddenly. It stirred me awake, as I watched her walk out of the hospital room with an expressionless face.

In the next instant, the doctors voice popped in. "You can't be serious! You wouldn't do that to your own son, would you?" The doctor exclaimed in disbelief.

A growl arose from my mother, "Of course I would. It's his fault my mate is in this mess!"

"But, Luna... not just a few hours ago, you were worried sick about him. Now you've changed your mind just like that? Your mate should be less important to you than your pup! Your pup should be number one priority!" He reasoned, sounding upset.