healing voice || Batfamily

Requested by: lxthdxn

Note: I'm sorry this was taking so long, it was buried ;;
I'm also kind of clueless where to start but, I think I managed!

Enjoy!

Warning: near death situation, blood.

::

You watched your brothers bickering right in front of your eyes, save for Dick who was trying to get the three to calm down knowing what would happen if they didn't stop. Your hand rummaged a bowl of savory popcorn you had made before the fight started, enjoying the littlest, dare you say, entertainment before your amused eyes.

Your munching was briefly paused when Dick called your name with a weak, troubled voice, "help me separate them, please."

You giggled softly, putting the bowl off your lap before jumping off your comfortable seat, finally, finally helping poor Dick getting your brothers apart.

"Alright, enough," you pulled Damian off Tim's back with a soft grunt before he could chomp the poor boy's head, "don't you guys have some patrolling to do? Save your energy for later, will ya?"

Damian responded your scolding with his signature scowl and a huff, his arms crossed as he sulked. Getting scolded by you, even when it was just a soft warning, always got him to pout and gave you the silent treatment.

Tim, on the other hand, sighed tiredly with a nod while Jason rolled his eyes.

Despite their responses, you knew very well they loved you no matter what you did. You stuck your tongue at them before humming happily, which the boys secretly enjoyed, getting your bowl of popcorn into one of your arms as your free hand shoved the savory treat into your awaiting mouth.

"Be caweful you guys."

"Don't talk with your mouth full," Jason commented.

Another shove of popcorn to your mouth before you jokingly retorted, "says someone who eats like a baby."

He felt the urge to lovingly throw one of his slippers at the back of your head.

**

The rest of the night was silent without them, you were supposed to sleep as it was past your bedtime, around 2 AM to be exact. You were dead tired and you had school in a few hours but the bothering feeling just wouldn't fade, resulting you to be wide awake despite your eyes protesting.

This gnawing anxiousness in the back of your mind, telling you something would go wrong or something had gone wrong. You soothe the uneasiness by fiddling with your phone, going through the gallery and snickered at the silly photos you took.

A drooling Bruce was probably one of your favorites. Definitely worth the two hours of scolding.

After half an hour passed, you decided it was time to come down, checking if they were back. You knew Alfred would be down at the cave, he always was until all of them were back safe and sound, he'd probably scold you, though, it was none of your concern at the moment.

You speed-walked to the cave, heart threatening to burst out of your ribcage with every step you took. The closer you get, the louder your heartbeat got.

Your suspicion, sadly, was right.

Your knees wobbled at the sight of one of your brothers unconscious, blood gushing out of his side. His costume was torn, trademark leather-jacket ripped, when your eyes darted towards Dick, you caught a glimpse of his cracked helmet.

"Jason!" You rushed towards the men (and boy), quickly kneeling by Jason's unconscious body on the ground. His chest raising and falling as he breathed desperately through his mouth. "What happened?"

"At first he just got shot on his shoulder," Tim's voice came from behind you, hoarse and raspy. Your gaze darted towards the mentioned injured shoulder, "none of us were really looking, when we found him, he's already beaten up."

You felt your father's gloved hand on your head, a small gesture to soothe you from your panic. In return, you craned your head from your position to look at him, sending a reassuring yet worried smile.

He then spoke up, "We should get him to the doctor."

The response he got from you confused him, "I can help."

The boys, plus Alfred and Bruce, watched you carefully lifted Jason's head to your lap before taking a deep breath. Your gentle voice broke the silence, they were staring at you with confused looks.

They couldn't deny that they were indeed feeling better every time they heard you sang, lifting up their mood. This, though, was another different story. Jason was literally dying, there was no way your singing could fix him.

...right?

"Thought I was dead," Jason croaked out, his emerald eyes had opened as his voice snapped the others out of their daze. "...again."

You jabbed at his once injured side, frowning, tears of relief brimming in your eyes. "Not funny."

The young man scrunched his nose at you in return as his hands pushed him up off your lap, his gaze raked his torso in confusion. There was still blood there, staining his clothing but no gash was found, nor the feeling of his broken bones.

He opened his mouth again, directing his next words at the other men, and Damian, "did someone just dumped me into the pit? ----again?"

"No," Dick responded, being the first one who had finally taken it all in. He then nodded at you, "her voice did."

"Thanks," he scratched the back of his neck, "my life's is already weird enough so I'm not going to act surprised or say I don't believe you, but maybe, just maybe, you want to explain?"

You chuckled nervously, "you wouldn't believe me---"

Jason interjected, "like I said, our lives already weird enough. Besides, it's not like every kid, me included, Bruce adopted or have," he glanced at a frowning Damian, "are completely normal."

Bruce sent him a dad-glare he had come to master over the years, also thanks to his wife's ridiculous before bed--- glaring---practices.

Before you had the chance to explain, Alfred spoke up, voice firm as he looked at you. "I believe it is not the time for that. Perhaps we can discuss it tomorrow? Young Miss has a school to attend."

"Alfred's right," Tim agreed, a yawn slipped out of his lips. "I have a homework to finish before class."

You stood up with Damian's help, surprisingly, he patted your shoulder as a silent gesture to assure you that none of them would change the way they saw you just because a simple secret.

::

I still have no idea what did I just write, but, uh?
I literally had to rewrite this a few times because I wasn't unsure.

And I still am.
But hey! Hope you enjoyed!

Here's the detail of the request I had forgotten to put in,

I'm not opening requests though, I'm just working on the old ones, including the NSFW ones I have yet to finish and touch XD

Have a good day!