Chapter 30 - I Miss Us : Part 1

A/N. First and foremost, thank you all so so so sooooooo much for reading and voting and commenting and waiting so eagerly for this update. I'm truly blessed with you lovely lovely people. Do enjoy the read😘

"Siya...would you tell me what happened? Maybe it isn't as bad as it seems..." Siya was shaking as she heard Divya's familiar soothing voice.

"I can't do this Divya...I just can't..." Tears and words were rushing out of her. She felt so broken that it hurt. It hurt just to be her right now.

"Siya, please don't cry, god, it's literally killing me to hear you cry like this...Siya..."

"He hates me. He hates me." Siya chanted, rocking herself back and forth as flashes of his horrified face tortured her. Mistake. He had thrown that word at her over and over again.

"That cannot be true Siya..."

"I feel so humiliated, so cheap...Divya please...I just can't follow through with this. You have to let me end this..." He had looked at her in horror as she sat on their bed, hair messed up, shirt hanging low of one shoulder, naked from waist down and eyes glazed from the orgasm he had given her. He had looked so appalled, like he couldn't believe he had touched her. Like he couldn't get away fast enough. And he had left her while she still sat there shamelessly, shocked to even move a muscle. God! She felt like clawing off her skin. She felt so dirty.

Divya heard as she cried. Finally after what seemed like an eternity Divya spoke again.

"Do you love him?"

"Divya. Aren't you listening to me? He doesn't love me anymore. He humiliated me in the worst possible way today, he made me hate myself, he made me feel so dirty..."

"Do you love him, despite everything?"

"Divya! He wants nothing to do with me. He couldn't get away faster. I was naked and he had this look of terror on his face as he literally ran out of the room."

"Do you love him?"

There was silence for a heartbeat or two before Siya finally responded in an anguished voice.

"Yes! Damn you Divya...Yes. I love him. He can commit a murder and I would still love him. Is that what you want to hear?"

"No. I want to hear exactly what happened, then I am going to help you deal with how you feel about it and then I am going to help you get the plan back on track. Now spill."

*

He needed to calm down. He tried to close his eyes and take deep breaths to slow down his racing heart. But that seemed to bring a montage of horrible horrible things he had done a few hours back.

God! What kind of a man was he to feel someone up in their sleep! What kind of a person did that to their bestfriend, the woman they loved or their wife?

A part of him knew he had not done it on purpose, that he had thought he was dreaming. But that didn't really take away from the fact that he had hurt Siya deeply. She had looked so  utterly beautiful, so completely his in that moment...She was overtaken by the moment, ready to take the plunge.

And he had literally physically pushed her away. He had actually jumped out of the bed in horror. He had seen her face crumble as the post-orgasmic bliss was replaced by heartbreak. Shit!

Things had finally reached a cordial stage between them, and he had gone ahead and screwed it up for both of them.

He had absolutely no intention of hurting her so bad. Because hurting her felt like someone was plunging a dagger to his heart and twisting it. Atleast that's what he felt as he watched her devastated expression as she took in his words. His cruel completely horrible words.