18. josh pieters

josh being the little spoon

"babe, can we talk?" i asked josh, walking into his bedroom at about 11pm, where he was editing.

"um, yeah. are you alright?" he asked and i nodded, and he stood up and sat on the edge of his bed, and i sat on his lap.

"i'm fine. are you?" i asked.

"yeah, i think so." he said, confused, "what's up?" he hesitantly put his hands on my waist.

"i'm gonna talk and you can't interrupt, okay?" i said and he nodded.

"i just feel like you put so so much into this relationship, and you don't get enough back. you pay for everything and you always cuddle me, and i feel like you're scared to do something wrong, or do something for yourself without checking with me first." i said, and he tried to interrupt but i continued, "and obviously, i appreciate that so much, but i just want you to relax a bit, babe. i'm not going to up and leave if you think of yourself for once. i want you to go out with your mates and enjoy yourself, because i trust you, so i don't mind, and i won't ever think of you as selfish. you're the kindest, most loving person i've ever met, josh. i love you so much." i said, and a small smile broke out on his lips, erasing the frown that had previously been on his face, "and i want you to let me love you." i added.

he didn't say anything for a moment, but leant forwards to kiss me, it soft and caring, but passionate, "i love you." he mumbled against my lips and i pulled away to smile at him.

"now, you need to let me cuddle you." i grinned.

i could tell from his face that he wanted that, but he sighed and said, "are you sure? you don't have to."

"shush, i want to. and i know you want me to." i said, leaning forwards to press a kiss to his lips, before i got up and got into bed, already in one of his shirts comfortable for sleeping.

josh joined me in bed, him just in boxers, and i hovered over him, his hands moving to my bum.

i kissed down his neck, leaving a love bite behind his ear, and one on the side of his neck, and one on his collar bone, before i kissed his lips again.

"turn over." i encouraged softly, laying down on my side, josh in front of me, his back to me.

i cuddled up to his back and put my arm over his waist, tucking my knees up behind his, "sleep well." i mumbled, pressing a kiss to the back of his neck, "i love you."

"thank you, i love you too." he said.

"you don't need to thank me." i said softly, and felt him relax under my touch, the two of us falling asleep soon after.

i woke up, still in the same position, and i gently moved my hand to trace gentle shapes on josh's arm as he stirred.

"morning baby boy." i mumbled.

"morning." he said softly, "did you sleep alright?"

"i slept well, thank you." i said, "did you?"

"yeah, i slept better than i have in ages." he admitted a little sheepishly.

"i'm glad. see, you deserve being looked after." i smiled, "you can be the little spoon at least once a week, if you want." i peppered kisses to the back of his neck, and he laced his fingers with mine.

"you don't have to." he said.

"but i want to, and i will." i said, and he turned around so that he was facing me.

"thank you." he mumbled and i kissed him.