1. Goldie Locks meets a fairy

Jason Greenleaves leaned with his eyes closed against the front door. It was five o'clock in the morning and he was about to sneak into his own home. Praying that the bat ears of Karen would miss him for a once, he walked on his toes across the common hall and unlocked the door to his studio. Breathing a sigh of relief he walked through his workspace to the back bedroom. He wanted nothing more than to bury his head in his favorite pillow and forget the past twelve hours. Karen meant well. She was for now and forever his big sister, but with his twenty-six years he was too old to play her little brother.

He froze on the threshold of his bedroom. The room that should have been empty was already taken in use by someone. After a quick scan his mouth dropped slightly open.

Diagonal lying on his back and nearly occupying the whole bed was a very attractive man who clearly wasn't wearing a stitch of clothing. The thin sheet around his waist left little to the imagination. A tattooed arm lay across his face and concealed his identity, although Jason was pretty sure he had never seen him before.

Not so long ago he was frivolous enough to crawl into bed next to the guy, just to see what would happen. Now he would do no such thing. He already had enough aggravation. Here lay a potential beating that didn't need to be added. He realized, gazing at the beautiful sleeper, how the clandestine affair with Robin had changed him.

Only after about ten minutes he spotted the overnight bag in the corner. Perhaps it would shed some light on who he was. On the other hand, he was dying for a drink. Sighing, he considered his options. What was it? Too early or too late? Mpf, who cared! Carefully, he walked through the hall to the stairs that gave access to the upper house where Karen lived with her husband and son.

Rumbling in the liquor cabinet his hand lingered over the exclusive brand of whiskey his brother-in law was so fond of. On several occasions he had made it clear to Jason that he didn't want anyone in general, and him especially to drink the whiskey. Just the idea that it would irritate him made him happier. With a glass and bottle he walked back. His own garden, adjoining the bedroom wasn't an option now. Instead, he opened the patio door of his studio, and dropped on one of the sunbeds. The early sunlight sparkled through the glass windows of the conservatory that surrounded a large pool. One of the rear panels was ajar, thus revealing the likely entrance of the intruder.

With a firm gulp he emptied his second glass. A disapproving snort prevented him from pouring a third.

"Good morning, Karen," he greeted without looking back.

"Good morning, brother."

She sat on a chair beside him.

"It's unusual to see you drink out here and at this time."

Her eyes lingered on the bottle at his feet. The look in her eyes spoke volumes, but she said nothing.

"Yeah, sorry, but I had no access to my garden."

Karen frowned.

"Why not?"

Jason decided instead of saying that there was a strange man in his bed, he could better show her.

"Oh?" Was her first tentative reaction. "Is this someone you've picked up tonight? Did you forget his name?"

"No," he shook his head, not offended by this assumption, even though he had never had a one-night stand. "That's not it. I have no idea who he is or what he is doing in my bed."

The sleeper remained motionless among the loud whispering conversation.

"I'm going to get Duncan."