20. jack maynard

a date with jack

jack: let me take you out for lunch today x

me: maybe ;) xo

jack: i'll pick u up at 12.30 xx

me: thanku xxx

i went showered, not bothering to wash my hair as i had the night before, and it was curled in waves, and i changed into blue, high waisted jeans and a white, off the shoulder crop top.

i did my makeup lightly, and sprayed myself in perfume, just before the doorbell rang.

i grabbed my phone, lipgloss, chewing gum and money, slipped them all into a cute little bag, then ran to my door and opened it, flashing jack a grin when i did.

opening the door wider, i allowed him in, and he hugged me as i closed the door, his arms slipping around my waist comfortably.

"how're you?" he asked softly.

"i'm good, thank you." i smiled, and grabbed a pair of trainers and a jacket, putting them on, before following jack out to his car.

he drove for a while, and the two of us just talked about different things, from concerts to bikinis.

"you like italian, right?" he asked, looking across at me as he parked.

"of course." i grinned, and he smiled, getting out of the car, as i did.

i followed him into the restaurant, a waiter coming up to us almost immediately.

"table in the name of maynard." jack said and the waiter nodded.

"this way." he smiled, leading us to a table for two at one side of the restaurant, "here are your menus, i'll be back over in a few minutes to take your orders. would you like any drinks?" the waiter offered.

"could i just have a water, please." jack said.

"yeah, i'll have a water too, thank you." i smiled to the waiter and he nodded, disappearing to get out drinks.

i ordered a chicken and mushroom risotto, jack getting pizza, and both were delicious.

"you have to try the ice cream sundaes here." jack grinned at me, a little happy, excited sparkle in his eye, causing me to smile.

"could we have two sundaes, please." jack asked upon the waiter's return, and, when they came a few minutes later, they were delicious.

jack gave his card to the waiter but i shook my head, "no, let me at least pay half." i protested, but jack just winked at the waiter, the two of them ignoring me.

"jack." i whined, but he just smiled at me.

"it's fine, you deserve it, gorgeous." he gushed.

"thank you, but you didn't need to." i smiled, standing up as jack did, "i love you."

"i love you too." he said and walked next to me, his arm loosely around my waist, as we walked to his car, me getting in the passenger side again, him in the driver's side.

"do you want to come back to mine?" i offered.

"sure." jack grinned.