seventy-five

Grace

"I think I'm already second guessing this whole thing" Harry said while tapping nervously on the wheel.

I chuckled, my hand reaching out to tap on his thigh twice in hopes to comfort him a little bit. "Why's that?"

"What if they don't like me? I'm pretty sure they won't. Your dad will probably hate me, or something" he replied, a hint of nervousness dripping from his voice.

"My dad won't hate you, Harry" I said with a little smile, "Don't worry about it. You're fine."

"How can you be so sure? I basically stole you away, they haven't seen you in so many months and it's just because you were with me. Let's not forget about Christmas as well. Fuck."

I smiled at his words. "Even though I'm finding this situation really cute, I think you should try to calm down, alright? There's no need to overthink this, I promise you, everything will go just fine. I'm sure my family will love you. You kind of have that effect on people, you know."

He breathed in deeply. "Alright."

"Do you want me to drive?" I asked, seeing that he didn't seem concentrated at all and knowing that if something had happened he wouldn't have forgiven himself at all.

He shook his head. "I'm fine. If you could remove your hand from my thigh I'd be better though."

Realising that my hand was indeed still on his leg, I retracted it as fast as I would've if it had burnt me, as a familiar warmth started to spread on my cheeks. "Sorry" I murmured, but he just smiled and intertwined our fingers instead, before bringing his attention back to the road.

"You should turn left here" I whispered to him after turning off the radio, that was playing an unknown tune.

He complied and stopped the car when we were in front of a two-story house, a garden all around it.

"How are you?" I asked him as he unfastened his belt, hearing its faint click.

"I'm alright, I guess" he replied looking in the direction of the house, "I'm feeling quite sick. I'd puke, but I'm pretty sure your mother is watching us from the window."

My head snapped in the direction of the house, just to see the living room curtain get shut. "Everything's gonna be just fine, no need to feel sick. Are you ready?"

"Honestly? I don't think I'll ever be" he replied with a sigh, and I nodded.

"Alright, then we can go. Little reminder, my dad probably isn't home yet, he'll be home in time for dinner, and my brother's name is Michael." I opened the door and exited the car before walking to the trunk and opening it.

I was soon joined by Harry, that took the two bags inside, flinging one over his shoulder and lifting up the other with his hand, since that they weren't excessively heavy. I shut the trunk close, and took the key of Harry's car out of the pocket of his jeans to lock it.

"Come on" I said before opening the little gate, that was mysteriously unlocked, and walking up to the door, his steps following behind me.

When I was in front of the door, I turned to look at Harry. "It will go wonderfully" I whispered to him, right before ringing the doorbell.

The door swung open just a few seconds after, making me believe that my mother was probably standing right next to it.

"Grace! I finally see you again!" She said excitedly, hugging me and almost suffocating me. "And who's this?" She said giving the man standing next to me a curious glance.