Chapter 21: A Short Rest

(Arulla's POV)

I was scrunched tightly in a circle as the warriors of Rivendell surrounded the company. When they stopped Elrond spoke.

"Gandalf!"

Gandalf smiled, "Lord Elrond. Mellonnen. Mo evínedh?"

"Farannem 'lamhoth i udul o charad. Dagannem rim na Iant Vedui." Elrond replied, "Strange for Orcs to come so close to our borders." He continued, and gave Lindir an Orc sword to put in the vault.

"Something, or someone has drawn them near."

Gandalf sighed, "Ah. That may have been us."

I finally pushed my way through in front of everyone until I was face to face with Elrond.

"Aranel. You have come back home."

I smiled sheepishly, "Hello Adadîth." I could see and feel all eyes on me. I turned and backed away to allow Thorin to pass. He glared at me and I felt a deep shudder run through me.

"Welcome Thorin. Son of Thrain."

"I do not believe we have met." Thorin gruffed.

"You have your grandfather's bearing. I knew Thrór when he ruled under the mountian."

"Indeed? He made no mention if you." Thorin growled. I scoffed but Elrond waved it off.

I smiled and backed away slightly from the company. Then something unexpected happened. I looked to two of the riders who were beside Adadîth's horse, my mouth dropped open and I couldn't move.

The two riders got off of their horses and ran to me and picked me up into a fierce embrace. I winced in my head as I wrapped my arms around them tightly. I screamed as one picked me up, but then it turned into a giggle.

Thorin's axe was raised and I smiled when the boy put me down. "Adad, it's fine. This is Elrohir and Elladan. They have been my brothers for the past 80 years." Thorin lowered his axe but kept his glare on both the boys and me. I began to walk towards him but once I took my first step, I stumbled and fell. Thorin rushed to my side and my vision was clouded. But I could barely see the fear that was etched in his face.

"Arulla?" Thorin whispered, and reached out to touch me.

When he touched my shoulder I screamed. He then took my dagger and cut through my dress so he could see my shoulder clearly. So much blood I had lost, the cut was very deep and my face was now pure white.

"Nartho i noer, toltho i viruvor. Boe i annam vann a nethail vin" I hear Elrond shout and then he said, "Take her to the healers Elladan!" Elladan scooped me from Thorin's grasp. I softly screamed his name. But when he tried to follow, Dwalin held him back.

Elladan rushed me to the healers but I was losing consciousness quickly . I continued to scream Thorin's name. When we made it to the healers, they had no time to give me medicine, for the numbing or the pain. If I was to live, I needed to be worked on now.

The healer brought out a bottle of wine and poured it on my wound. I thrashed and screamed as the pain was unbearable. I heard a booming bang on the door, like someone was kicking it with all of their might and I knew who was behind it.

"Let him in!" I screamed to Elladan. Elladan was hesitant until I said, "Let him in Elladan! Now!" Elladan rushed to the door and swung it wide open. Thorin rushed to my side and held my other hand as Elladan was at my side again once he closed the door. The healer poured the wine again and I thrashed and screamed. I squeezed my father's hand so tight I was afraid I was going to break it.