Pep Talk

Makenzie Dahl

I had another impromptu meeting with my Therapist. I heard the Bing! Notifying me that she was here and that the Guards would soon be on their way to collect me. A Bing was a bad description of the noise. I suppose the noise was more like a fog horn mixed with a bing. Whatever it was, it was my cure. It was my babystep to a permanent freedom.

The guards came for me and took me to our usual spot. Elaina was fidgetting. I had never seen her nervous, this could be bad. I sat across from her on the cold, green table. I waited for her to say something. Neither of us said anything.

It was silent for a long time. It wasn't until the guards told us to wrap it up that she actually started talking. She talked on and on in a fast pace like she was on crack. "I don't know if I can do it. At least not with him. What if he's not the same? What if he's one of the bad ones? I don't even know how long my Superior will let me do the Testing for if I were to try going from some others before getting to him."

I said my next words very calmly. "Elai- Dr. Wells... These are the things you had to have considered while planning this out. You knew the chances and risks. Of course he's changed! He was a free back then. he was thrown into a fucking prison as a child! Who knows what other trauma he could have went through since then? You just have to believe in him. If not him, at least know there's others who need out. Some of us don't belong here."

"I talked to his old cell mates and some other people who knew him."

"That's your first mistake. Believing other people through word of mouth. You need to focus on the Jake you knew. The Jake in those letters. You already wrote him, telling him you would help. Honor that commitment."

BIII-HOOOONK!

The loud noise wnt off, letting us know our session was over. She was still sitting at the table when I snuck a peek before the Guards put me back into my cell.

Come on, E. You got this.

 A/N 

I hope this chapter makes up for the last chapter. I'm still kicking myself for the last chapter. The next chapter is going to take us back in time to when everyone was still young and out of the prisons. I hope you enjoy seeing a different side of the characters!