Chapter Four

AH! I'm back! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! I'm a lot more nervous about this chapter than I was for the other one because I don't think it's very good.

It gets really sweet and "Aw"-worthy towards the end and I find it super sweet. But I may be a little bit bias.

Leave your feedback in the comments and  @RelentlessChaos will be back for the next chapter! Don't worry!

 Love,

 QuinnWritesStories

Grace’s POV

Three days later, we were all back at the hotel, getting ready for the next stop on the boy’s tour. Harry walked in, beanie on his head. He’d decided to keep his hair short, just to get rid of the “image”. He’d been acting weird the past couple of days. Ever since he got out of the hospital, he’s been spending less and less time with me. It was like I repelled him or something. He’s always right next to Louis, leaning on him as if something bad might happen if he was away from him.

“Hey baby.” He said to me, kissing me on the cheek and lying on the bed.

“Hey Harry.” I replied, “Start packing your bag, we’re leaving in a hour and a half and I want you to be prepared for us to go.” I said, walking into the bathroom. I closed the door and turned the shower on to full blast hot. I stripped down and flipped the switch on the wall that caused the shower door to close and fog up so nobody could see me in the shower if they came in.

I heard a knock on the door yelled a “Come in!”.

“Hey babe, I just need to grab something out of the cabinet.” Harry said, sounding sick. I wonder what’s up.

“Um… Okay?” I said. I heard him rummage through the cabinet for a few seconds before finding what he needed. I heard him shake it in his hands and stick it in his pocket before he walked out. Weird. I’ll definitely be confronting him when I get out of this shower. I washed my hair, conditioned it and stepped out of the shower. I grabbed a towel off of the rack and began to dry myself.

Harry’s POV

I tried to open my pill bottle when Louis walked in. He saw that I was struggling and walked over to help me.

“Wow, these childproof caps right?” Louis said, putting the bottle down. I heard the shower cut off.

“Crap, Louis. We have to get these open and I have to take them before Grace comes out and catches us with them!” I said, jumping at the bottle. I suddenly felt dizzy. I felt as if the world was going to fall out from under me.

“Haz? You okay?” Louis said, grabbing my shoulders and trying to steady me. I handed him the bottle and went and lied down on the bed. Gosh… How am I going to keep this a secret if I’m always dizzy and never hungry? I closed my eyes and realized how tired I am, how tired I always am. I felt myself beginning to drift off when I heard Louis scream.

I jumped up, striking my best ninja-like pose and looked in the direction Louis was standing in. Grace was standing there, in a towel, holding a hand over her mouth while Louis had his hands pressed over his eyes. I couldn’t help it. I started laughing. I laughed so hard that I fell on the bed. I didn’t even notice Grace bend over and pick up the prescription bottle and look at the label.

“Um, Harry?” She said, unsure.

“Yes?” I said, opening my eyes to see her holding the bottle.

“What are these?” She said, sounding disappointed.

“Oh, um… those are Louis’.” I said, watching Louis finally uncover his eyes to see the situation at hand.

“Harry, don’t you dare lie to me.” She said, holding back tears.

“Okay, they’re mine. The doctor gave them to me so that I could not have headaches.” I said, making up an excuse off the top of my head. “They’re made to numb the pain of the stitches.”

“Oh, well, I’m sorry for jumping all over you then.” She said, setting the bottle down, grabbing clothes then going into the bathroom.

“Wow, that was close huh?” Louis chuckled.

“Yeah. I guess you could say that.” I said, picking up the bottle and trying it again.

“I don’t see why you don’t tell her.” Louis said, sitting on the bed.

“Why would I? She would treat me differently and all I want for my last little bit of life is to be not be treated differently. I came onto this earth Harry Styles and I want to leave it Harry Styles.”

“Harry, what am I supposed to tell her when we’re all in a hospital, crowded around your sick body? How do you think that’s gonna make Grace feel? How do you think that’s gonna make all of the other boys feel? I’m just saying, I think it’ll be best if you just tell all of them, they love you more than life itself.” Louis was getting louder and louder. His voice was cracking, he was crying.

I just stood there speechless as I took in the sight in front of me. Louis Tomlinson, my best friend was crying because I was dying. This sounds like something straight out of fan fiction. But this wasn’t fan fiction. I wasn’t going to make a miraculous recovery. I’m dying. I am going to die. And soon.

I opened my arms and Louis ran into them. I wrapped my arms around him and just let him cry himself out. Turns out that takes a really long time.

Grace came out of the bathroom and saw us. I shook my head at her and she grabbed her bag and went out the door. Louis never even looked up. I sat there for an hour, holding him and stroking his hair.

“Louis, I need you to know something. You’re my best friend and I never, ever want you to forget that. Even after I die, because you and I both know it’s coming, you’ll still be my best friend no matter what you do. Never forget how much you mean to me, Louis Tomlinson. Without you, I wouldn’t be me. I’m going to go ahead and talk about this with you now Louis, because I know there won’t be time at the end. I don’t want you to be sad when I go. I want you to be the funny, carefree guy I know and LOVE. When everyone else is crying, I want you to make them laugh. Remind them that I’m in a better place. Remind them that I’ll always be here.” I poked Louis’ chest and he giggled. “Louis, be happy. Without me. Make sure Liam and Danielle are happy. Make sure Eleanor and Niall are okay. Make sure Grace is okay. But most of all, make sure you’re happy.”

“I love you Harry.” Lou said between sobs.

“I love you too, Louis.” I said, wiping one tear away from my eyes. “I’m sorry for making you keep this secret, I just don’t want everyone else to worry. I want to die happy, not feeling like a guy that died protected. No more being sad about me while I’m still here, okay?”

“Okay Harry.” Louis said, slowing down his sobs.

“Now, dry yourself up Tomlinson.” I said, smiling as I pulled him in for another tight hug.

“Yes sir, Mr. Styles.” He said, hugging me back and whispering in my ear “If I’m not allowed to be sad, neither are you.” He pulled away and smiled at me, walking out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another author's note: So, I really adored this chapter that Quinn wrote. I thought it was so sweet. :') Anyways, I'll be writing the next one, so I hope everyone is looking forward to it! I love you all. :3

Love, RelentlessChaos <3