38| the philosophical crap

Colton | Caleb

Colton | Caleb

⚠️Warning! Colourful language ahead

••••••••••••••••••••••

"You never told us... you never told me"

"I didn't know how"

"Is that why you wanted to jump off..."

"Yeah, I mean I thought it was better to die a physical death then a--"

"I can't believe you didn't tell me Colton! I'm your brother! I thought there were no secrets between us"

"They aren't but--"

"You lied brother, you lied--"

"I didn't lie Caleb, I just omitted the truth"

"It doesn't make much of a difference Colton fact is you didn't tell me. Did you know how I felt when I saw you..."

"I did--"

"You didn't! You didn't think about how I felt brother otherwise you would have gotten help quicker! You're selfish! You didn't think about anyone but yourself!"

"I'm selfish? This is the whole reason I didn't tell you Caleb because I knew you would act like this, I knew you would be like this"

"No. I wouldn't be like this if you only told me earlier, I had to find out in the most gruesome way possible"

"It wasn't that gruesome..."

"Stop playing games brother, you should stop being so goofy and start being serious for once otherwise this wouldn't have happened!"

"Are you blaming me now brother?"

"No...its just--"

"That's what it seems like, you're making it seem like being this way is my fault, like I fucken did this shit to myself!"

"No. I'm not"

"Yes you are. You're fucken making me feel guilty even more then our effin parents!"

"Our parents are just trying--"

"Don't you dare start that bullshit with me Caleb."

"But--"

"I'm done!"

"Fine! Fine! Don't fucken walk away from me Colton!"

"I told her that I wouldn't be able to talk to her for a week"

"Who? That girl you're always calling?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you still like her?"

"I wish I didn't"

"It isn't a petty crush anymore?"

"It has never been a petty crush Caleb, she's the one who made this whole fucked up thing bearable"

"Does she know about..."

"No. "

"Are you going to tell her?"

"No. Why should I when--"

"Colton don't start with bullshit with me. "

"It's true"

"Its not"

"It is. I've given up fighting"

"Are you serious with this chick?"

"We've been only talking for a few days but we aren't dating but... yeah I guess so"

"Then fight. Fight for her Colton, if its never going to be for our parents or me or even Hailee... do it for that girl who seems to be your muse"

"She's not my muse"

"You're smitten with her, don't lie. I've never seen you like this happy with anyone, well except Hailee but she doesn't count"

"I've only known her for a few days"

"Aren't you the one who always says those philosophical crap about age being a number and love being timeless and all"

"... its not philosophical crap"

"My point is, just do it for her"

"... We're going to be late, let's go"

"Colton! I still want you he--"

"Are you coming or not?"

"Are you avoiding what I told you?"

"It's not working since we're still talking about it"

"Let's just go"

"Finally, you read my mind"

Written: 31 March 2018Published: 28 April 2020

Published: 28 April 2020

---544 Words---