Chapter Twenty-Eight

I open my heavy eyes slowly. I hear yelling around me. Everything is so quiet, I can't make out anything.
"Travis?" I whimper quietly. Everything hurts, everything burns. My vision is blurred, I can't see anything. I feel a cool hand on my cheek.
"I'm here Bria."
"What happened?" I croak, my eyes slowly closing.
"Sleep now, I'll explain later." He whispers. I struggle a moment longer, but soon fall back into sleep.

I open my eyes, blinking a few times to clear my vision. I hear quiet murmurs around me. I turn my head slowly, it hurts my neck to even move.
"Travis?" I whisper. I see him turn around. He kneels next to the bed, taking my hand.
"I'm here," he whispers. I look behind him and see a man standing with his arms crossed over his chest. He is looking at me, his dark eyes narrowed. He has black hair and pale skin.
"Who's that?" I ask my voice faltering.
"No one, he was just leaving." He sent the man a pointed look to witch he just raised an eyebrow.
"I don't get a thanks?" He asked.
"Please just leave." Travis growled at the man. He shrugged, walking away and closing the door behind him.
"Who was that?"
"A friend of mine." He mumbled.
"Where's Holly?" I mumble feeling so tired. A pained look crossed his face as my head lolled to the side. He cupped my cheek with his hand.
"Just sleep Bri"
"No, where is she?" My worlds slurred together in my half awake stupor.
"You don't remember?" He asks.
"Remember what?" I ask struggling to keep my eyes open.
"She's with Alycia." He says smiling.
"Can I talk to her?" I ask.
"She will get scared seeing you like this."
"Okay," I mumble my eyes closing. I feel his hand loosen his grip on mine and my eyes open in terror.
"I'm not leaving," he murmurs softly. He releases my hand, and lays next to me on the bed. I cling to him, feeling very afraid.
"Travis!" I say burrowing my face in his neck.
"No one will hurt you." He whispered. I finally felt my mind drifting away.

I open my eyes sitting upright. I gasp for breath, holding my hand over my burning chest. I bite my lip to stop from screaming.
"The pain will pass." I gasp, looking over at the man. He was the same man from score, Travis' friend.
"Who are you?" I ask, panic evident in my voice. I look around the room, searching for Travis.
"Wyatt, and Travis just stepped out for a moment." He gives me and smile, which I fail to return.
"What am I doing here?"
"You don't remember?" He asks. The door opens and Travis comes barreling in.
"I thought I told you to leave!" He yells walking in front of me.
"Fine, Bria is very confused. It is normal, as is the burning in her chest. I mean she did die."
"What?" I yell trying to stand up. My knees buckle and I fall into Travis' arms.
"Get out!" He growls at the Wyatt. He leaves, closing the door behind him.
"I died?"
"Yes," he whispers.
"Oh my god, Megaera!" I exclaim. I close my eyes calling out to her.
I'm here. She whispers, but her voice doesn't sound right.
Are you okay?
I'm fine. Her voice is clipped, and she closes the communication before I can say anything else.
"How did I die?"
"The Hunter King stabbed you." He said looking murderous.
"He's a werewolf!" I say standing up.
"What?" Travis asks.
"He shifted and he attacked me. I remember!"
"That's not possible, he's a hunter."
"He didn't stab me, he clawed me."
"Bria-"
"You have to believe me!" I say getting more and more upset. The burning in my chest came back and I went limp in his arms, crying out in pain.
"Calm down," he says sitting me on the bed. "I believe you." He murmurs.
"How am I alive?"
"Wyatt is a warlock, he brought you back."
"Why couldn't he bring back Holly?" I ask tears filling my eyes.
"She was a vampire, in order to be brought back you need a soul." He says hugging me to his chest.
"What now?" I ask him.
"We try to have a normal life." He says. I nod, but really wonder how that is possible. How can you have a normal life when your mated to a cat shifter? Travis would be better off with a normal mate. Someone who wouldn't hold him back. My life will never be normal, I accepted the long ago.

•••
So what did you think of this chapter? Who do you think Wyatt is? Comment, vote, and check out my other stories!