Chapter 30 - Because I care

"You're going to leave the Famille'?!"

"Are you fucking kidding me!"

"Whoa, Miyoko watch your profanity this is a wholesome novel."

"Fuck you! and fuck you're forth wall breaking line! You're leaving are you fucking serious!?"

"Mina!!"

"Fuck don't pan out the transition!"

The next day.

"So...Thank you for everything."

I've decided to leave the Famille' after all.

"Thanks, Miyoko for introducing to the Famille' i really appreciate what you did and as much as i hate to admit it, i guess i owe you one."

She just stares at me with narrowed brow.

"Thanks, Ms.Mikahara for letting me stay here, i hope i'd become of any help to the Famille' and it's members." i laughed awkwardly.

She just stares at me with a blank stare i can't tell if she's angry or if she want's to kill me.

Carrying my backpack and a medium sized trolly bag i say goodbye to Miyoko and Ms.Mikahara.

(It's better this way, Yomiko left early for work Raika is now sleeping at her room Kasumi is at her Med School and Reimako is still sleeping at her room she's been avoiding me totally and i'm okay with it just saying goodbye to this two properly is the best thing i could do i owe Yomiko and Ms.Mikahara for letting me stay if i tell everyone, it's probably going to be a big scene...probably.)

(And i don't want to make Reimako worry unnecessarily either...)

Yesterday Miyoko tried to reason with me to stop me from leaving but i already made up my mind this is for the best after all..

 "Are you really sure you're OK leaving so suddenly like this, Mina?"

Asked Ms.Mikahara with a concerned expression.

"I'm gonna be alright Ms.Mikahara." i assured her.

I look at Miyoko and she sort of look like she's about to cry.

"Miyoko, stop making that face you silly."

Then she suddenly moves towards me.

"H-hey! Are you really gonna leave?! Where are you gonna go?!"

I'm pleased that she's genuinely concerned about me for once, but...

"All my bags are packed i'm ready to go, i'm standing here behind the door, i hate to look you up and see you cry..." i said as i sang to the tune of one of my favorite song and smiled at her softly.

She snickered at me.

"You're so cheesy."

"Well, at least your smiling."

"Fuck you..." she swears in a soft voice

"This for Rei, If my existence here is a painful reminder of her dad then the only solution is for me to leave."

Then Ms.Mikahara looked at me with a troubled expression.

"If this is what you've decided, Mina,  then i won't say anything."

"Thank you Ms.Mikahara."

No matter what she might say or anyone at this moment, my mind is already made up.

"Alrighty then, say goodbye to everyone for me, and thanks for seeing me off."

I slowly open the door.

I turn looking back just once more, inside the house and thinking about her, her who i care for so much.

A stabbing pain filled my chest reminded of her lovely smile her caring heart and her cute face.

(Goodbye Rei...)

And slowly close the door behind me.

(Wew, now what?)

After leaving the Famille' without a plan a broken heart and a mind in shambles wander around the city aimlessly.

My thoughts is filled with Reimako, tired i sat in a bench near the beach, the cold breeze is a bit relaxing as my thoughts wander around i reminisce the days i spent with her.

"When i'm with you Mina...  i feel so happy."

Her kind words haunt my heart.

"It's like i forget about all the sad things that happened to my life..."

(At first she was avoiding me, then after i while we became so close she opened up to me.)

Though i'm clueless at first, i didn't know how she felt at that time, i didn't know she had that kind of issue before.

(Whether if it's my fault or not, i ended up hurting her...)

(Ahahaha...i'm such a lose...)

I wonder what she might feel when she finds out i left, relieved? Happy? i'm sure Yomiko's gonna be happy and Kasumi as well i guess...

*Sigh*

(I guess i'd be happy if Rei missed me a little just a little would be nice...)

(I doubt i'd ever see her again...)

Thinking of this my heart feels so heavy i felt a little sleep the breeze seems to be swaying me to sleep...

"it's a bit early, i guess i'll take a little nap..."

After a little while...

*Drip*Drip*

"Hmn?" a drop of water in my face woke me up from my nap.

Then suddenly the rain pours heavily.

"Great..."

As the people around me scramble around and look for shelter i just sat there feeling nothing, the cloud is so dark it looks like it's already 5pm the rain is pouring hard and it seems that there is no sign of stopping.

My body grows colder and colder. i'm totally soaked now being under all this tree doesn't really help.

It dawned to me, the thought of being far away from Rei and not seeing her again is crushing me, it felt like my heart is being squeezed by this heavy pressure i'm feeling in my chest as my feelings overflow, hidden by the rain i looked up and my tears flow freely as it goes.

(I guess it's okay to cry no ones gonna notice anyway...)

(The rains not letting up, i feel cold, hungry and i need to look for a place to stay...)

(I need to get out of this Rain first.)

I look around and it seems that most of the people who took shelter from the rain is almost gone, i wander around as i see an empty shelter my body feels heavy as i pick myself up, walking slowly draped up and submerged in the rain i finally reach my destination.

It's almost dark the park light is already on, soaked through the rain i slump in the bench slowly lean on the shelter foundation.

I don't know if it's the freezing wind the fact that i'm soaked it's probably hypothermia or the crushing sadness feel in my heart i felt like drowsing out again.

As i was about to pass out...

I heard footstep coming toward the shelter

(Must be someone who want's to take shelter from this unforgiving rain.) i thought to myself.

My eyes a bit blurry i can't see clearly who's coming this way.

As i was about to drown out.

"MINA!"