Chapter 19

(A/N: It's better to play the song later, I'll let you know 😋)

"Do you understand what you're supposed to do?"

"I do," I respond quietly, lips pursed.

Ms. Montague leans towards me, eyes narrowed. "What, you really want to marry a girl?"

"N-No, ma'am," I lie.

"That's comforting."

A tingle of pain spreads through my chest.

Ms. Montague hands me the shiny black recording device. "Remember what information you need to record..."

I cast my eyes downward. "Yes, I remember."

The ride back to the office seems much longer than usual. My interlocked fingers begin to tremble as the limo comes to a dreadful stop.

Ms. Montague ushers me out. "Go on. I'll stay here. Remember to return the jacket."

I look up at the tall office building. Is this the last time I'll go inside?

"Go!" Ms. Montague yells at me while glaring, and then shuts the limo door.

This is really it.

Luna will prefer this.

She said it herself.

———

I'm in the elevator, sweating my ass off.

So, my mother finally found out that I've been engaged to a woman.

She wouldn't tell me how she found out.

  Luna's female gender was not in the marriage contracts signed, along with misleading information.

From there, my mother hatched a plan that cancels the marriage, yet somehow, my mother might walk away with the money.

So, I need to record Luna saying that she's a female on this device (as evidence) then flee the office with Ms. Montague.

Literally deserting her.

With Ms. Montague.

My heart hurts so bad. I know this is the wrong thing to do.

Regardless, I'm going to do it.

Shit. Here it goes.

....

^(A/N: If you play the song above, it makes the scene more emotional :D)

I push the door open, and Luna is laying on the bed in that sheer blue dress, relaxed.

She doesn't bother to look up at me as I approach the mattress.

"Yes?" Her bothered voice sounds.

"L-Luna... what if there was a way to get out of this marriage?" I stuttered.