Chapter 14.0

The next night, Andy was rebellious

While her father and brother both told her she needed to be present at their dinner with the Lodges, she refused. The Lodges had lost her trust and she didn't want anything to do with them.

Instead, Andy found herself sitting with Betty Cooper and Kevin Keller debating about catfishing her brother. Betty hadn't told her much about Chic, but Andy knows that she's extremely suspicious of him. After hearing about all the times Chic has avoided Betty's questions, Andy was on board. 

Even if he didn't turn out to be evil, Andy was all for a distraction from the Lodges' drama.

"So . . . you want to catfish him for information?" Andy asked, kicking her legs up on a chair. 

"Guys, every time I try asking Chic questions about himself, he gets defensive or literally starts to cry as a diversion," Betty argued.

"But catfishing him?" Kevin asked, sighing.

"It's the only way I can get Chic to open up. I . . ." She trailed off and made a frowny face.

After a look exchanged between Andy and Kevin, he surrendered and the lying began.

--

Later, Andy came home to find out that she probably should've gone to the Lodges' dinner.

"You're running for mayor?" Andy asked, eyebrows raised. She put her hands on her hips, standing in the middle of the kitchen. "I refuse to go to the Lodge's house one time and while I'm gone they convince you to run for mayor?"

"Miranda, honey, it's not like that. Being a mayor is like a dream of mine. I think I could be good at it," Fred persuaded.

"Are the Lodges paying for it? Dad, you have to understand that they're going to be whispering commands into your ear without you realizing it. I'm sure you would be good at it but they're trying to use you," Andy argued, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"Then I won't let them. I will make my own decisions as a mayor, okay?" Fred concluded.

"Fine. If you want to do this you have my full support. But I will make sure the Lodges stay far away," Andy sighed, standing back up next to her father.

"Deal." Fred pulled her into a side hug, and let her go.

--

Andy soon found herself back at Betty's house. Jughead had called her to meet him there because he knew about her reluctance towards the Lodges and had some interesting news.

Alice, Jughead, Betty, and Andy all collected around the Cooper's kitchen table as Jughead spread out a map.

"I figured out Hiram's methodology. He acquires devalued land at a deep, some might say criminal, discount. Twilight Drive-In, Sunnyside Trailer Park, Southside High, and now Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe."