Just Go With It

TJ's POV

I had stopped walking in the middle of the sidewalk while I fished for my phone ringing my purse, pulling to see it was my oldest brother, Danny, and a huge smile spread across my face.

"Hey!" I said excitedly, always happy to hear from him.

"Hey ya bubble head." He laughed. "Finally got some time for your big brother, huh?"

"Oh, shut up." I chuckled. "What's up? I miss you guys so much."

"We miss you too. I'm just about to leave for Mom's and it's gonna be weird around there without you two running around and bickering constantly."

"Jesus, why are you going so early? Thanksgiving isn't until next week, talk about self-inflicted torture." I laughed, the idea of going to my parents early for any reason completely insane to me.

I grew up in a suburb of Chicago, where my parents still lived in their ridiculously large house. My brothers had both moved into the city for college when Louis and I were teenagers, and it was rare that the four of us ever really got to see each other outside of holidays. We'd always been close, and sometimes it felt like because my dad was gone most of the time that Danny had filled that role for the rest of us.

"Well, Dad's not home until Wednesday I guess, so I figured I'd keep Mom company until the rest of you got here. The house seems pretty empty these days." He sighed.

"Yeah well, you couldn't pay me to spend any more time there than I have to."

"Come on, Teej. Give her a break." He said softly. "I know you two don't always get along, but she's here alone most of the time. It wouldn't kill you to come a little early."

"Oh, it might." I scoffed, to which he just chuckled.

"Even if I'm here? You can't leave your big-shot hockey star life to spend an extra day with your big brother? And I know your break officially starts tomorrow, so don't even try to say you have school or practice." He said, and I could practically hear his bottom lip hanging out.

"Okay, first of all, I am the farthest thing from a big shot hockey star. Second, I have plans tonight, and work this weekend, maybe if you're lucky I can track down Louis and come a day or two early instead of Wednesday night."

"Oh well shit, it's a good thing that gives you a few days cause it'll take you that long to round him up and get his shit together." He laughed, knowing Louis as well as I did.

"Exactly." I smiled. "But I would like to see you, so maybe we can try to make it up early. Only if you promise to protect me from Mom."

"I'll do my best, but I think we both know Rosie does what she wants." He chuckled.

"Ain't that the truth." I sighed.

"Alright, I gotta go though. I don't wanna hit traffic. But I'll see you in a few days, yeah?"

"Yeah. Can't wait." I smiled. "Love you."

"Love you too, Teej. See you soon."

I said goodbye and hung up, continuing on my way home from class, sighing at the thought of having to go home for thanksgiving. The only thing that had been getting me through was the fact that Harry and I were seeing Atmosphere that night, and I was practically jumping out of my skin with excitement.

I felt an arm snake it's way around my waist as someone pulled me into them and smiled against my ear, making me jump slightly at the sudden contact.

"Hi." Zayn grinned as I pulled away to look at him, relieved to see it was him.

"Hi." I smiled. "What are you doing?"