Seventeen

I JUST SAW LOVE, SIMON OML I WANT TO CRY SO BAD

There was another gay guy in there named Ethan. I could not stop thinking about this Ethan every time they brought up his name. I wish Ethan Nestor was gay(sorry). That'd be amazing!

Y/n POV

Laken and Darling's words were beginning to pop in my mind at the most random times. Darling wont stop trying to convince me to meet him somewhere. He's not being rude about it, which I am grateful for. What Em and Lake were saying the other night was starting to persuade me. I'll admit, I would absolutely love to talk to Darling without a screen separating us, but I don't want him running off when he finds out I'm the girl who barely anyone knows I even exist, the one with only three friends, the person who can never hide their annoyance or anger. For all I know, they could be just the same. But they most likely won't.

Its would be nice to see their face though. Hear their voice. Em and Lake get along pretty well, as if they've known each other for years. I'd be fun to joke around with Darling in person. I feel like it'd be more addicting than over text. Seeing actual facial expressions other than emojis or emoticons.

Ignoring what other thoughts that would prevent me of doing so, I messaged Darling.

Blue
You busy after school?

I have been ignoring Lake and Bex argue for the past ten minutes. Rowen wasn't here to start the argument this time. He was in the library, studying for a test he had that he completely forgot about.

Darling
Kind of. why?

The small bit of excitement I had packed up their things and left, leaving me with disappointment.

Blue
Never mind

I shoved my phone in my pocket, noticing Lake and Bex's eyes were on me. I looked between the two.

"You need something?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"You alright?" Lake asks softly.

I chuckle. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Bex shrugged. "You had no facial expression, then you looked at your phone and looked depressed."

"Oh, no, I'm fine." I fake a smile to cover my lie. "My phone just died."

"I have a portable charger if you need it." Lake pulls out a small white box with a cord plugged into it.

I kindly shake my head. "No, I'm good. Thank you though."

I look around, noticing Em isn't here. "Where's Em?"

"She's with her friend's today. Over in the corner." Lake points to a table full of girls. I nod, seeing Embry nodding her head at something someone was saying. She sat with us on some days, then went back with her friends on other days.

"I can hardly understand her, but I like her accent." Bex says, shoving a fry in her mouth.

I nod in agreement. My phone vibrates in my pocket, and, out of habit, I immediately take it out to see why. A message from Darling covered a strip of my background.

Darling
You free this weekend?

The smile I had was like a fly, it quickly died. All thanks to Lake.

"I thought you said your phone died?" Lake asks, sass laced in her voice.

"I lied." I mumble, ignoring her next words.

Blue
Yeah! All free!

God, that sounded way too excited, I apologize XD

I grin again, the excitement returning, ready to stay. Unlike last week, we were both free. I can actually meet him.

Darling
Really? Yes! Can we please meet somewhere?!

I will pay you at this point

I giggle softly to myself. Of course, this earned me an eyebrow raise from Lake. Bex couldn't care less, she is happily filling her face with fries.(honestly, same XD)

Blue
Of course, why else would I ask if you were busy?

Where at?

Bex peered over my shoulder, reading the screen. She meets eyes with Lake and mouths 'Its Darling' to her, then simply returning to her food.

Darling
Seriously?! What changed your mind?

Uhhh...how about Brooklyn Park?

I stop and think about where Brooklyn Park is. Its not too far from where I live. Lake stares at me with a smirk.

Blue
You and my friend changed my mind

Yeah, thats sounds good! What time?

Ripping my eyes from my phone, I give Lake a curious look, wondering why the smirk on her face exists.

Darling
On Saturday at 3?

Forgetting Lake, I look back at the small box in my hand as it vibrated.

Blue
Thats good for me! See you there!

Lake giggles, grabbing my attention once again. "I swear, that boy has taken over your life."

I just noticed that it was hard to tell when Darling was speaking or not when he sends more messages than one, so from now on, messages will be in italics(which is probably something I should've been doing this whole time).