~Fifty~

A/N: Hello, I've been sick this weekend so while I'm recovering, I've decided to write!! :D I think this is kind of a shitty chapter tho bc I've always felt like I don't write very well when I'm sick :P This chapter is pret-ty long though, and there's lots of time skipping (***).

"Mummy, can you please open this candy for me?" Piper asked me as she came into the kitchen.

"Candy?" I frowned at her, "What are you talking about, Piper? We don't have any candy."

"Yes! Look!" She held up a box to me – and as soon as I saw it, I immediately let out a huge gasp, "It says 'candy'!"

"Oh my God, Piper, no!" I tried to take the box from her, but she let out a protestant grunt and held it tightly to her chest, "Give that to me now. That is not candy!"

"Yes, it is!" She insisted and began to read the box, "I don't know what Dur...ex candy tastes like, but it says candy right here!" She pointed to the bottom corner of the box.

"No Piper, that does not say candy," I said with a groan, "give me that box right now, Piper."

"No," Piper replied stubbornly, "I want the candy!"

"Do you want me to call Harry?" I gave her a look.

Piper stayed silent, but she still didn't let go of the box – and I immediately rolled my eyes before I went to the kitchen door and stuck my head in the doorway.

"Harry!" I called across the hall, "Harry, can you help me, please? Piper's not listening to me!"

After a few moments, I saw Harry walking down the hallway from the direction of his studio looking concerned.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"It's...actually pretty bad," I bit my lip, "she found our...erm..." my voice trailed away.

Harry glanced into the kitchen, and his eyes immediately widened as soon as he caught sight of the box in Piper's hands.

"Piper!" Harry rushed over to her straight away, "Piper, give me that box, please. It doesn't belong to you."

"But...there's candy in it..." she spoke in a soft, sad voice.

"Trust me, Piper, it is not candy," he gave her a look and held out his hand, "come on. Give it to me, and then I'll buy you some real candy later, OK?"

Piper didn't say a word, but she eventually looked down and nodded.

"OK," she handed the box to him, and Harry quickly took it and hid it behind his back.

"Good girl, Piper," Harry smiled at her, "now go on and play, yeah?"

"OK, daddy," Piper nodded again and ran off – and Harry and I looked at each other before we both let out huge sighs of relief.

"Oh my God..." I shakily spoke up first, "damn it, I thought we hid those well!"

"Yeah. So did I," Harry pulled out the box from behind his back and sighed again, "how the hell did she find them? And what the fuck made her think it was candy?"

"I guess she thought the word 'condoms' was the word 'candy'," I rolled my eyes, "to a five-year-old who hasn't even seen the word 'condom' before, I suppose they'd look similar enough."

"We can't risk her doing this again," Harry said, "we really need to think about other options."

"Yep. After this, I'm definitely going on the pill," I said, "I'm gonna make an appointment with my doctor today and try to get it prescribed to me as soon as possible."