Chapter 17

Chapter 17

       There were days where I wished I could just stay home from school when I didn't get enough sleep because I could barely concentrate when I was exhausted. I was up most of the night either worrying about Jolie's upcoming trial and how she might not get the sentence she deserved, or Xavier kept me up because of the nightmares he was having.

       Unfortunately, I couldn't miss school today because of a stupid test.

       And if I stayed home today, I would just want to stay home every other day for the rest of my high school life. At least this was my last year of school, and it wasn't as bad as when Xavier was a newborn since he woke up more than once in the middle of the night.

       Mom had to drive me to school today since I was too tired to drive myself. Thankfully Xavier was awake before I had to leave for school otherwise Mom wouldn't have been able to drive me.

       When we got to the school, Mom pulled into the parking lot and asked, "When is your test?"

       "The class before lunch," I said.

       "Okay, if you're still way to exhausted, just text me and I'll come pick you up," Mom said.

       "Thank you," I said. "And thanks for driving me."

       "You're welcome," Mom said.

       I opened the door but before I got out of the car, I turned to lock at Xavier who was sitting quietly in his carseat. "Bye, Xavier," I said. "I'll see you after school."

       "No bye," Xavier said, holding out his arms. "Hug."

       I got out of the car and closed the door before opening the back door and getting in just to give my son a hug. "Now can I go?" I asked, which was a bad thing to ask because of Xavier's reply.

       "No."

       I just chuckled. "I have to go, okay? I'll see you soon."

       "Okay. Bye, Daddy!"

       I kissed his forehead. "Bye, Xavier."

       I thanked Mom again for driving me before getting out of the car, closing the back door then heading to the school, still feeling as tired as could be. I could barely keep my eyes open, and I just hoped I would be able to focus on the test.

       When the bell rang, I immediately headed to my first period classroom so I could rest my head on the table for a bit. I might even try sleeping during class if we weren't doing anything too important.

       I heard someone take the seat beside me, but I still didn't lift my head. I just needed some relaxtion.

       "Well, hello to you too," Nova said.

       I looked over at her, though keeping my head rested on my desk. "Sorry," I said. "As you could see, I'm very tired. I was up all night thinking about the trial and then Xavier was awake and..." I sighed. "My life is getting hectic."

       "Well, if you ever need anything, I'll be here for you," Nova said. "You know, me being your girlfriend and all."

       I smiled softly. Ever since Jolie left me to raise Xavier on my own, starting a new relationship had never been on my mind. I didn't know if it was going to happen for a long time because I needed someone who was willing to be a mom for Xaiver.

       And Nova was. She loved Xavier so much and she was more than happy to come over to just see Xaiver. And it definitely was a huge bonus that Xavier had loved her since day one.

       I finally found the perfect girlfriend.

       "I know you will," I said. "And speaking of, Jolie's trial is Saturday morning and both my mom and I have to go, but I don't want to bring Xavier with me. Even though Jolie will be on trial, I don't want her to be anywhere near Xavier so..."

      "Say no more," Nova said. "I would be more than happy to watch him."

       "Thank you," I said. "Really. I don't know anyone else I could trust, and I don't think Xavier would be comfortable going anywhere else. I can't remember the time of the trial at the top of my head because I'm too tired to function but I'll tell you once I remember."

       "Okay," Nova said. "You do look really tired. Why didn't you just stay home from school?"

       "Because of our test next class," I said. "Believe me, I would have stayed home otherwise because there's no way I could make it through the whole day without passing out from exhaustion. My mom even had to drive me here. I can't wait to graduate high school so I won't have to wake up early every single day."

       "Are you planning on going to university?" Nova asked.

       I shrugged. "I honestly don't know. If I do, I'll just take a few classes here or there, and definitely in the afternoon. I just don't know exactly what I would want to take in university. You?"

       "I'm thinking of being a social worker," Nova said. "Or something close to it. I've always wanted to but after seeing firsthand what had been happening with the whole Jolie thing, it made me want to do it more. It made me realize there really are parents out there who will put their kids in harm's way."

       "Well, you will be an amazing social worker," I said. "You're great with kids. Just look at how fast Xaiver loved you, and even though he could be quite social at times, it's very rare he'll be full comfortable around someone. I think you should definitely be a social worker."

       "Then that's what I'm going to do, one hundred percent," Nova said.

       Nova really would be a perfect one. She clearly cared about kids so much and if there was someone like her helping out kids in bad situations, they would be able to pull through it.

       Just like how I was going to be able to pull through the trial with Nova supporting me through it.

__________________

woo i updated and woo hudson and nova are a couple woooooo

lol i shall got lay in bed because im tired and something's wrong with me for laughing out of control for looking in my pop bottle and wanting to pour the pop in my eye.

btw i made an instagram. go follow me (laetithewriter) so you can try to understand why i am the way that i am. (even though i dont understand)