two

Weeks continued on, Dallas and Griffin continued on with their racing gigs and upgrading their vehicle as they went. Somewhere along the way an eery feeling washed over the two, they kept swearing that they were hearing stuff behind them when they walked through the streets or even worked on their car in the daylight.

It was unsettling and only pushed the two closer together fearing that someone was watching them. So they went everywhere together, more independent actions they usually did apart they did together. Simply if one went on a walk or just to a fast food place the other one came. Neither minded.

Until Griffin got sick along the way, the cold weather catching up with his immune system and infecting him with the common flu. So Dallas stopped working on their car to spend time with her blonde haired buddy to make sure he was taken care of.

When the fever hit him harder than before, Dallas decided that she needed to go to a drug store and get him something that would do anything to take some of the discomfort away.

"I'm gonna go get you something from the store to make you feel better, I'll be back soon." Dallas had caressed his long curls out of his eyes for comfort, Griffin agreed easier than she had thought he would. Only replying with a simple,

"Promise?" He was out of breath already, and his head had burned her hand when she'd touched it. Dallas patted his hand and stood up, putting on her hoodie before her leather jacket.

"I promise, Griff. Don't go anywhere while I'm gone." She said.

Griffins laugh had turned into coughs, "Could even if I wanted to." He responded.

Since he'd fallen ill when they were in the middle of putting their cars back together again they were out of commission. Dallas had to walk to the drug store, it wasn't that far only a block or two and if it was for Griffin it was worth it because she knew he'd do the same for her.

That's what led the teen to now be walking alone in the dark by herself getting that horrible feeling again that someone was watching her. She quickens her pace hopefully not that noticeably and makes it into the twenty-four hour drug store.

Dallas waves at the nightshift worker and goes straight for what she came for, some Advil, water, snacks and a monster for herself. She looks outside as she places her items on the counter to be scanned.

"That'll be nine fifteen, ma'am." The cashier monotones.

"Uh, here." Dallas goes into her jacket pocket and pulls out a ten, takes her bag of items and goes for the exit. "Keep the change."

It can't be the rustles of the plastic bag, she knows that, it sounds like footsteps are following her now which is downright creepy as hell and terrifying while alone.

Dallas paces up to an alley way, carefully places her bag down and waits to see if it's an off feeling or if somebody is actually following her. She uses the dark to her advantage and waits. Soon enough a man who looks out of place and in a clean business suit walks timidly through the alleyway, like he's afraid that someone will jump out and crap him.

Unfortunately enough for that suit Dallas waits until he's in reach before harshly grabbing fistfuls of his suit jacket and shoving him up against a wall, with his feel dangling.

"Please don't hurt me!" He squeaks.

"Why the hell are you following me?" Dallas growls, pushing harder against the mans chest.

He raises his hands and squeaks, "I-I was hired to, I'm a-a PI I mean no harm."

Pitifully Dallas drops the man who looks about ready to piss himself, and glares at him.