Chapter 2

Natalie's Pov

I sighed as my alarm went off, blasting throughout my room. I drowsily get up off my bed , walk to my closet and pull out my work uniform which consists of a long sleeve button up shirt with a black tie that is tucked into my black pants with a black apron tied around them.

 I drowsily get up off my bed , walk to my closet and pull out my work uniform which consists of a long sleeve button up shirt with a black tie that is tucked into my black pants with a black apron tied around them

I walk to my bathroom, which is pretty small considering I own a 1 bedroom Apartment. I wash my face, brush my teeth and brush out my short natural body curled hair. I do my makeup and then returned to my room and put on my shoes.

Within 15 minutes I am out the door , rushing to get to work as I know it gets pretty busy on Monday Mornings.

Luckily, my job is only 10 minutes away from my apartment so it's too much of a walking distance from my home. It can be very dangerous at night especially when I work late so I try to check in as early as possible so I can avoid any mischief. Walking in a fast pace I feel the bitter cold breeze of the wind upon my cheeks and soon enough I make my way inside the diner to start my day.

As I make my way into the diner , I spot my best friend and coworker, Gabby. Gabby is really really beautiful. Her hair is a soft and silky beach blonde which goes perfectly with her strong brown eyes. She was a bit more filled out than me but no where near fat.

"GOOOOOOOOD MORNIN DARLIN" she says cheerfully in a sing song voice.

"Good morning Gabbs" I reply while giggling as I realize she is in her "hype Monday mood".

"Let me guess, you're in your Hype Monday mood because it's the most busy workday of the week which means more customers which means bigger checks right?" I ask her grinning widely.

"Sweetheart you know me too well. Anyway, it must be freezing outside. With weather like this I wouldn't be surprised if we got a little snow and I know you would be the first person to spend the night out in a blizzard Nina" she says and laughs jokingly.

Gabby has always called me Nina for my nickname for as long as I can remember.

"Haha well you know me too well also Gabbs. Anyways how's your family doing?"

Gabbs family have always treated me like their own ever since I left the orphanage. Her Dad Mike, is a mechanic and her mom Regina, is a social worker. She has an older brother named Tyler who is kinda like a brother to me although he can be a little overprotective sometimes he is the best anyway. Gabby definitely got her looks from her mother and Tyler inherited his father's dark brunette hair and gray eyes.

"Yes they're doing great actually , mom is still the same just working hard and dad just got a job promotion actually." She says .

"That's great Gabbs , your father deserves a promotion." I say cheerfully.

"Let's talk about you though Nina, I mean you're 21 years old and you still haven't found a guy to date I mean, look at me and Shane for instance. You.need.to. Date.".

I look at her with an amused expression
"Gabbs it's totally okay because I have my whole life ahead of me and I don't have to settle down and start a family now, I'm just simply trying to make it on my own in this world because I cannot be dependent on someone else and I am not and I repeat will never be taking money from anyone. I will work until my last breath if that's what it will take because if I was meant to be alone, then so be it".

"But that's the thing you'll never be alone because you always have me and my family Nina ". She says softly while embracing me in a hug "I love you Nina "

"I love you too Gabbs" .

2 hours later we are busy serving tables, making cups of coffee and displaying pastries and other treats we usually advertise . As I was taking mini pies out the oven , Gabby comes up to me in an almost panicked voice.

"What's wrong Gabby"? I ask her gently and she just smiles like she just won the million dollar lottery.

"You have to come and see the hottest guy in the world, literally. I think you should take his order *wink*." I laugh at her actions but follow her out to the dining area to see what has gotten her so aroused and then I literally freeze.

He was like a God, a Greek God to be exact. He had Dark black hair that was so smoothed back it looked as though it had been lightly gelled, beautiful tan skin, faint stubble and he look super tall . Maybe around 6'6 which would surely tower my 5'2 height.

When he looked up I noticed his beautiful deep ocean blue orbs which I could definitely get lost into. But I also noticed another look in his eyes, loneliness. But why would a gorgeous man such as he look lonely, almost like he's yearning or waiting for something, someone.

I nervously walk up to his table and ask
"E-excuse me m-may I take your order"?
Mentally cursing myself for stuttering, something I always do when I am nervous.

He then looks up at me which causes me to look down for a second. I look back up to him slowly as I could feel his eyes on me. "Don't hide your eyes Love, they're way too beautiful to be hidden."

I was needless to say shocked by his compliment so I just replied "T-thank you sir." He groaned and look almost like he was.......in pain? When I said that.
"C-can I take y-your order?" I ask shyly.

"Yes , I will have the steak and eggs over easy and what would you recommend for my coffee?" He inquires.

I take a moment to think what would a Rich looking man prefer for his coffee. Maybe he'll like my favorite.
"I recommend  the vanilla cappuccino. Its my favorite because it's very sweet and creamy and it's the best coffee we have in the shop in my opinion." He just smirks at me and says..

"Then the vanilla cappuccino it is."

I quickly make my way back into the kitchen and make sure his food is prepared accurately and I make sure his coffee is nice and hot before making my way back to serve it to him.