Chapter 41: The Drama Queen I (Outburst)

PREVIOUSLY ON PROJECT LOKI...

"Do you trust me, Lorelei?"

"No."

"Shame. You have been misinterpreting the situation."

"You had to gall to say that you are not the villain. DROP THE ACT NOW! I KNOW THE TRUTH!"

"What truth?"

"YOU'RE MORIARTY, AREN'T YOU? ANSWER ME!"

"You are right, Lorelei. I am Moriarty. Are those the words you have been longing to escape my lips? Is that the truth you have been waiting to hear?"

***

"I will keep in touch. Good night, Stein. See you next week."

"You freaking drama queen... You freaking lied to me."

"Lori, let me exp—"

"You freaking lied to me, you freaking liar. You had the gall to swear to God and tell me that you are loyal to Loki?"

"Lori, I..."

"I'm going to tell Loki about your lies. I had enough. He needs to know the truth."

"What truth, Lorelei?"

"It's about Jamie. You deserve to know that—"

"She is working for Moriarty. Is that what you are about to tell me? I know. I already know."

***

LORELEI

LORELEI

MY EYES blinked. My mouth gaped. I stood frozen near the balcony door, staring at the seated figure of Loki. My hand loosened its grip on Jamie's wrist and let her go.

My mind was still buffering by what he had just revealed. Tama ba ang narinig ko? He knew the truth already? He knew that Jamie is working for the young criminal mastermind that we have been trying to bring down for months?

"Since when?" the question escaped my lips. "Kailan mo pa nalaman ang katotohanan?"

"My suspicion was aroused the day she decided to join our club," Loki answered, crossing his legs and averting his gaze from me. "I had a feeling back then that she wasn't just an interested member. She has an ulterior motive, I thought, on joining us."

Lumingon ako sa aking kanan at tiningnan ang natahimik na si Jamie. She was biting her lower lip, trying to hold back her tears. Hindi niya magawang humarap o tumingin man lang sa direksyon ni Loki.

"Moriarty, as you know him by now, is a cunning strategist," he continued to describe his archenemy. "If my suspicion was right that Jamie is a pawn of him, everything about her would make sense. Her braided hair, her resemblance to Rhea, her clinging to me. All was part of the plan to get closer to me... for a very particular reason."