𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIX( the descent into hell isn't easy, part iv )

CHAPTER SIX
( the descent into hell isn't easy, part iv )

"Stop complaining, you guys should be grateful I offered to chaperone you on your warlock hunting mission in the first place," Simon said when everyone complained about having to squeeze into their seats. Simon's van could hardly be called an actual van since it was ridiculous small, or maybe it's just the fact that there's three muscular men taking up most of the space.

"This wouldn't have happened if you actually have a shadowhunter mobile that would fit all of us," the mundane said again.

"Being a shadowhunter doesn't exactly
pay much, you know," Jace remarked casually, causing everyone else to send him a glare. Not for his comment, but for the fact that he was taking up most of the space. Jace had been the first to climb inside the van and claimed the seat in the corner to stretch out his legs. And after Jax had said that Jace wouldn't have legs anymore if he keep this up, the blonde lowered them down, although that did little to help.

Jax was seated in the far right, Alec on his left as the Shadowhunter squirmed in his seat. Alec undoubtedly felt the most uncomfortable, being the tallest of them all. The van unexpectedly jolted from the speed bump and that caused Alec to fall into his right from the impact. His shoulders collide with Jax's, who turned his face to face him to see what's happening but smirked instead when Alec cleared his throat awkwardly. The raven haired boy mumbled out an apology before grabbing onto the seat for support and scooting away from Jax in embarrassment. Fortunately for him, it didn't take long before they arrived at the location Jace had told Simon to go to.

"This is a bad idea," Jax said for what seemed like the tenth time as they all clambered out of Simon's van. He'd been saying the exact same thing over and over again, only to be ignored by everyone else. "This is our only idea," Clary reminded him.

"If you'd given me five minutes to think then I'm sure I could come up with better plan."

"Mhm, and does anyone die or get severely injured in this plan of yours?" Jace asked back, but the werewolf just gave him the finger, to which he replied with a roll of his eyes.

The three Shadowhunters all walked ahead, wanting to make sure the area was safe and clear before they let Clary and Simon go inside. Jax followed after them, only to be stopped by Alec who told him to stay put. "It's not that I don't think you can defend yourself," Alec quickly said before Jax jumped into any conclusions. "There could be demons all over the place, you need to keep Clary and the mundane safe."

Jax wanted to argue like he always does but Alec had a point. If they were attacked, Clary and Simon won't stand a chance since they had no idea how to defend themselves against demons. Jax nodded and Alec, pleased by his answer, eventually ran off to join his friends.