Chapter Four

Adrian titled his head enough that the kiss only landed on the corner of his lips.

"Lucas, stop. You're drunk." He pushed his hand off his face and put his other arm between them.

"I'm not drunk." Lucas objected, and leaned in again.

Adrian turned his face away easily this time. "Are you aware of who you're trying to kiss?" He questioned doubtfully.

Lucas let out a frustrated breath against Adrian's cheek. "You won't let me?"

"No, I won't."

"Are you sure?" Lucas grumbled and leaned back, a little. His hand slipped down from Adrian's shoulder, and knocked the door handle.

Adrian's stomach flipped as they fell inside the doorway. His head collided with Lucas on the landing, and his weight crushed him into the ground.

"Ow" Adrian groaned, and cupped the side of his face.

The lights switched on. Connor stood at the foot of his bed with a bewildered expression.

Adrian tapped Lucas's shoulder. "Get off me."

Lucas didn't answer. Steady breaths filled and left his chest.

"Did you seriously fall asleep?" Adrian rolled him off – with Connor's help – and lay him on his back. He didn't wake up.

Connor leaned over him with a scrunched-up nose. "He smells terrible."

"He's drunk." Adrian reported getting to his feet. "Lucas," he shook his shoulder, "Wake up."

Lucas didn't respond.

"Will you help me lift him onto the bed?" Adrian sighed.

Connor lifted Lucas's shoulders and Adrian got his legs. He left his shoes next to the door and draped the covers over him. He took up pretty much the entire bed.

"Good luck falling asleep" Connor flicked off the lights and went back to bed.

Adrian thought about his options. There was a free bed in Lucas's cabin right now; with a drunk Hugh and Kal, so a big no thank you to that. There were the benches in cabin one, but even if he'd consider trying to sleep on a table – he wasn't going to wake up Mandy for the key.

He lay down on the bed but stayed on top of the covers.

After what had just happened, Adrian wasn't even slightly tired.

Lucas had tried to kiss him. Why? Because he was drunk? Maybe that's what he did when he drank? Went around trying to kiss people? He was certain there had been no other ... signs. Nothing even close to flirting ever went on between the two of them.

Actually – was Lucas gay? Adrian was sure he'd had girlfriends since they started secondary school. No boys. But maybe he didn't want to advertise the boyfriend aspect?

Maybe he – No, Adrian. He cut himself off, it's not any of your business.

But he still wondered about what would have happened if he hadn't turned away. What kind of kiss it would have been, and how it would have felt.

"Kal, turn that off."

Adrian was squashed into the mattress as Lucas reached over him and smacked his phone until the alarm turned off. He flopped back into his corner with a grunt.

"You better have a good excuse for being in my bed." Lucas growled, sounding hungover and pissed off.

"Give me a minute to think of one." Adrian replied.