World 2.2

Zhi Rou can't help but blush from being stared at by the fifth prince. She can't help it because the young man is a rare beauty despite being a man. She doesn't want to admit it but even she can't help feeling inferior.

'Since you're pretending to be my friend Miss female lead, I'll be your friend. Let’s see who's better at this game of deception Let the games begin.'

"Miss Zhi Rou, I want to thank you again for saving this prince life. I owe you my life. Brother Fei Hung is a very lucky man to have a young lady like you as his fiancé. What a shame, I wish I could have met you before him."

"No need to thank me Prince Wang Shu. I'm just happy that I was able to help someone."

"If Miss Zhi Rou is not brother’s fiancé, I will pursue you. Why did you meet my brother before me...?” A soft sigh escaped his lips.

'I never expected him to be this upfront. If he took a liking to me then it would be easier to manipulate him.'

After their meeting, Wang Shu and Zhi Rou became close friends. This made Zhi Rou happy because she was planning to use the fifth prince to overthrow the Crown Prince.

'Sorry Prince Wang Shu, you are a good person but I need you for my plan. Blame yourself for being close to the Crown Prince.'

"Fei Hung, were you able to get the support of the court officials?"

"I was only able to obtain few. It was harder than I thought. Many of them are loyal to the Empress and the Crown Prince. Father is also helping to overthrow Nian Zhen.”

"Can't the Emperor just issue an Imperial Edict to dethrone the Crown Prince?"

"Father would gladly do that if he could. Without evidence he cannot thoughtlessly accuse the Empress and General Wang of having an illicit affair and that Nian Zhen was not his offspring. They have strong support from the court officials and the people, so we must find evidence first."

"I was trying but I couldn't find anything."

"You must try harder Zhi Rou. Father ordered someone to poison Nian Zhen. Father would not allow a bastard like him to sit on the throne."

To their dismay, Nian Zhen was able to detect the poison. But before he could find the servant who put the poison in his food, the servant was already killed by the Emperor.

Zion just returned from his courtyard after his date with the female lead when the Crown Prince came looking for him. The servants announce the arrival of the Crown Prince. This is the first time he was meeting him.

Zion was stunned when he saw the Crown Prince. He doesn't want to admit it but the man in front of him possessed an extraordinary appearance. He's even more attractive than his lover.

[Host you're drooling!]

[I can't help it TOM. Attractive men are my weakness.]

[TOM is the Crown Prince married?]

[No Host but he is engaged to the second daughter of Left Prime Minister.]

[Why are you asking Host, are you interested with him?]

[I'm just curious. Nothing more.]

[Host you're being unfaithful with your lover right know.]

[Am not. Hmph! I'm just admiring. I only love Carson.]

[If you say so Host.]

[Scram!]

Nian Zhen had been busy with his duties so when he had free time, he went to visit Wang Shu. He already knew that Wang Shu is a beauty but seeing the gentle smile on his face now he felt a jolt in his heart. For the first time he felt attracted to him.

'What's going on? Why do I feel like this? I haven't felt anything like this before. This feeling of wanting to possess him, to love him and to protect him… Where are these feelings coming from? It must be because I haven't seen him for a while.'

Zion runs towards the Crown Prince and hugs him. He doesn't want to but this is Wang Shu's way of greeting him and he was really sweet towards this brother of his.

"Brother I haven't seen you for a long time. I miss you."

Nian Zhen hugging him was not new to him but today there's something different about the hug. He doesn't understand it but his heart was beating fast and he was feeling hot.

"Brother, are you alright?"

When Zion hugged Nian Zhen he felt comfortable. The feeling is the same when he was hugging Carson. He was confused. He looked at Nian Zhen's eyes and when he did, he felt like he could see through his soul. He wasn't aware that he started caressing his cheeks.

'Why do I feel like this? What I felt when I looked at his eyes was the same feeling I got when I looked at Carson's eyes. Is it possible that he followed me? Yeah right! Maybe I just miss him and maybe because I find this guy attractive so I felt nostalgic.'

When Zion realized his action he immediately withdrew his hand. Nian Zhen wants to protest when Wang Shu removed his hand but he stopped himself. It's only for a while but he already misses the warm feeling of his hand.

He composed himself and shrugs off those feelings. He convinced himself that he was only feeling that way because they haven't seen each other for a while.

"Sorry b-brother I've been busy."

'Why do I feel like calling him brother was so wrong.'

"You should not overwork yourself b-brother. You should take some rest at times."

'Why do I feel like calling him brother was so wrong. I need to get rid of him soon. I don't like what I'm feeling right know.'

"Don't worry I'm not overworking myself."

Nian Zhen felt happy that Wang Shu was worried about him. He was feeling mixed emotions. In just one day, he experienced different emotions.

"You should take some rest now, brother. I'm also feeling tired so I want to take a nap."

He felt disappointed but ignored it. He also needed time to understand why he was suddenly starting to feel different towards his brother.

"Take care of yourself."

"Hmmmm..."