CHAPTER FOURTEEN

For the next week, I was pushed to my limits, both mentally and physically.

Between Asher training me and Obsidian in every way possible and Orpheus pushing me to control the vampiric side of me, I was exhausted.

That's why I was beyond happy when Mr Stoneheart called a break day, where we could all go into the human town for a day to explore the village.

"I wanna go horse riding!" shouted Chase excitedly

"Horse riding? really?" I questioned watching him bob up and down excitedly.

"I can't believe you would want to do something so mortal" sighed Asher.

"Life is not all about combat and war" reasoned Chase.

"Yes I know, but you have a bloody DRAGON!" exclaimed Asher.

Chase shook his head at Asher and pulled his attention towards me.

"Come on Aurora, we always used to go riding together" he pleaded.

He stared at me for a moment looking like a kicked puppy.

"Fine" I sighed throwing my arms up in surrender.

"Yes!" he screamed before running out of the room for some unknown reason, but it was Chase so I chose not to question him.

"What was that all about?" questioned Asher.

"I think he just misses the way things were, we all have been riding since we were young children," I said staring at the door that Chase had disappeared through.

"You do know that things will never go back to the way they were," said Asher thoughtfully.

"Of course I do, and I think that he does too, but we all still hold on to things from our past, whether we want to or not" I replied turning to face him.

He nodded his head in agreement, ending our discussion.

We walked along the school's long corridors in silence, and to pass the time I studied each painting that we passed. The paintings were like windows into the history of the school, and to a well-established mind, showed it through movement and animation. I looked into the canvases in amazement as warriors cheered and flew to victory on their great dragons.

After a few more hallways, we finally began to climb the stone, spiral staircase up to the dragon nursery and opened the large double doors.

Upon entering, I was immediately greeted by Kai.

"You're late" he huffed crossing his arms.

Out of nowhere, Chase pushed through me and Asher and smiled.

"A wizard is never later, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to!" shouted Chase in a raspy voice.

Chase span around and gave me a high five as Kai stood there and tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"But you're not a wizard," he said earning a gasp from Chase.

"And nobody in this school has a TV apparently!" he groaned.

I watched with amusement as he facepalmed and walked away shaking his head. I didn't have the heart to tell him that not everybody had access to mortal things like a television, although if I did tell him he would probably make it his life mission to get the whole school to watch his favourite films.

"What the h-" started Kai.

"Don't ask" I said cutting him off as I noticed Orpheus attempting to tack up Obsidian.