48. Sneak peek... Times ticking

I'm sorry.

I know it's been MONTHS since I last updated or answered any of the many messages I've received from you guys. There was a very unexpected death in my immediate family. My boyfriend is a type one diabetic and hes had some health scares that I had to give my full attention to. We had to find a new place to live because of some bullshit had went down and we had to pack up and move ASAP. I'm in college on top of all that and working a full time job! I've just been so overwhelmed with the constant rush of my life. And as much as I LOVE writing I had to take a unfortunate hiatus from wattpad. Now that God has given me some relief I'm gonna try my best to update more.

Once again I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to leave you guys hanging for so long.

-Abby 💖

----

"You good man?" Daniel whispered to Max as they all sat around waiting in the dressing room. Sweat glistened on his forehead as he swayed slightly side to side with. "Yeah, man... I just had a little to much to drink- but I'm good." Lies! He had waaay to much to drink. He hadn't been completely sober in days and it's all hitting him at once, and of course at the worse moment possible. 

Max looked at his watch to see nearly 20 minutes had gone by and they were still waiting on Olivia to arrive. The wedding was behind schedule and the groom couldn't take his place till she got-

There was knock at the door.

"Coomme in." Max slurred causing Miguel to raise a brow.

"It's Yalanda! Hey everybody." She rushed into the room with a large smile plastered on her face.

"What's going on? We were supposed to be getting this shit over with." All eyes fell on Max at his sudden agressiveness. The oh-so-pleasant visit from his dad mixed with the jackhammer pounding headache, and the constant want to stop being drunk, boiled into his frustration. He mopped his hand down his face to wipe the on going downpour of sweat as his blood pressure rised.

The wedding planner widened her face to keep from snapping back. "I'm sorry we were stuck in traffic and we tried to get here as soon as we could. The good news is: your bride is here and we can get the ceremony started. I'll come back in a few minutes once they're all settled. Okay?"

He nodded. "Sure, whatever, that's cool." The disinterested tone made Yalanda quickly slipped out the room before her mouth could get the best of her. Once the door clicked closed she ran her hand through her hair with sigh, thankful he bought the story.

"I'm not getting paid enough for this."

Truth be told once the bride and her maids started to exit their suite everything became real. Olivia stood at the limo hyperventilating repeating "I dont know if I can do this." While holding her phone in her hand ready to call Max and call off the wedding. The thought of actually marrying Max and all that had transpired in the past few weeks; it all came crashing harder than Max's headache. With Anthony blowing up her phone, and the assault from her mother in law still stinging, it sent her into a panic attack. Her friends noticed her change in behavior over that past few weeks. There were many hang outs they scheduled without her. They sat around discussing how they'd approach Olivia with their concerns. Not able to settle on a good time to talk to her, when her panic attack came they were more than ready to talk her down from the ledge with their prerehearsed words. But not even her best of friends could stop her. Her cries came to a abrupt end as it was the text from Amelia asking furiously why she wasn't at the venue that snapped her out of it. After her sudden crash from the anxiety high they were on their way.

"You said you was good. But you steady looking like you about to pass out." Brandon called opening a window for his older brother.

"After this i'm getting you back into rehab, bruh. You obviously back drinking heavy like you were before!" Miguel called out from across the room.

Daniel cut him a look. "He doesn't need to go back to rehab." He uprooted himself frim his spot on the wall. "He just trying to drink the nerves away. Ain't that right Maxxy?" He plopped down on the couch next to his ailing kin. 

Max wasn't even listening. The way his head was spinning he couldn't even hear his own thoughts. "Yeah, sure." He said unknowing of what he was agreeing to.

"See... Like I said he's fine."

Brandon and miguel exchanged knowing looks.

Daniel was the Mini-Me to Emiliano's Doctor Evil. The eldest son would do anything to keep his father happy. He knew Max's drinking habits were never really fixed; and all Max needed was a tiny excuse to put lips back on the bottle. But if the alcohol was the keeping Max from running from the alter and upsetting their father... He'd keep enabling.

---