Chapter 11- The hooded figure

(Y/n) opened her eyes, the image she saw still spinning and blurred. She groaned and began to sit up. She took a deep breath in and smelled something sweet; tea. A cloaked figure stood a few feet away, stirring the stringy drink. She then poured it into a small cup and brought it over. She opened (y/n)'s mouth and poured it in. She swallowed it and cringed at the salty, bitter taste. Though it smelt sweet, it was the opposite. The figure then pulled their hood over, revealing a young woman. She raised a brow at (y/n) and sighed, "kid, why were you out in the rain." (Y/n) croaked and tried to make words out, "he...left...I...no home..." her eyes darted back and forth, trying to figure out what she herself was saying. The woman put a finger to her mouth, "that's enough. You can stay here one more day while your legs recover, then you're on your own." (Y/n) stared back and nodded slowly before throwing her head down and letting the darkness erupt her vision.
~~~~~~~~~~
Varian walked outside and breathed in heavily. The air was crisp from the rain and a cold breeze flew over the land. He began walking towards corona. As he arrived, he pulled a list from a satchel; 3 apples, 2 glasses of milk, and 2 loaves of bread. He put it away and began walking towards the market to retrieve what his father wanted. As he bounced along the streets, a paper on a building caught his eye. He stopped and read what it said; Corona's annual science expo, Coming soon! Varian's eyes widened and he grinned to himself. This was his chance! To win first and maybe even impress a certain someone. Then, he remembered (y/n). A sudden sadness swept him as hethought about her, he really did like her. And he just went and blew her off. Varian looked down at his feet. He felt guilty for what he did, she didn't deserve hatred from him because he was angry. He sighed and continued to get what he needed in the market, hoping to see (y/n) again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n) opened her eyes slowly as water dropped upon her face. The woman from last night was dripping water onto her forehead, "wake up, time to go." (Y/n) narrowed her eyes before attempting to get out of bed. As her feet met the floor, she felt relief. Her legs definitely felt better, "wow, thank you so much for helping!" The woman rolled her eyes, "yeah, whatever kid, just please leave. Old corona is down the nearby dirt path." (Y/n) nodded and headed towards the door before turning around, "what's your name?" The woman looked at her in surprise before murmuring, "...Chrissa." (Y/n) blinked in acknowledgement before heading out of the door.
---
(Y/n) breathed in heavily. The air was fresh and smelled of wet dew. It was relaxing. She walked through the trees before reaching the dirt path to old corona. Sighing, she began walking towards it. She didn't really have any other hangout spot. If she hung around in corona she'd get booted out. As she got closer, she spotted a nearby well. She ran over and began to cup her hands to drink some of the water. Licking her lips, she sighed in relief. Suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder. Turning around, nobody was there. Staring confused, (y/n) shrugged and turned back to the wate-AGH! (Y/n) shrieked at a face in front of her. She relaxed exasperated as she saw who it was- Varian. He laughed and wheezed at her; she really had looked funny. Varian grinned anxiously and held his shoulder, "I'm sorry for blowing you off before, I was just angry and I didn't understand your actions. I still don't, but that doesn't make up for treating you like I did. Can you find it deep down that you'll forgive me..?" (Y/n) laughed and punched Varian lightly in the arm, "of course! Man, have I got something crazy to tell you!" Varian listened as the two walked down the path, "there was this cloaked lady who must've found me and helped me. She healed my legs completely, no traces of injury! She said her name is Chrissa, and I've never seen her hut thing around this area. Take my word when I say I've explored around here my entire life." Varian raised a brow and shrugged, "who knows."