Chapter 1: Evadere

You didn't know where you were going anymore.

You just had to run away.

Get out of that poisonous house.

Away from that sorry excuse of a foster home where they didn't care if you lived or died.

Where all they cared about was their status and looking good.

You just had to get away.

And they were looking for you.

"Y/n!!!" a voice yelled through the dark, thick foliage of the forest, jerking you back out of your thoughts. This was probably the craziest thing you had ever done, running away from the people who raised you.

Then again, they were just farming and raising girls for who knows what.

"Come on, Y/n... You can't hide forever..." a gentler voice added in, almost in a mocking manner.

You narrowed your eyes, clinging to the tree trunk you were hiding behind.
'Bet a hundred bucks I can.' you thought bitterly. Trying to be as quiet as possible, you sprinted out of your hiding spot and ran further into the forest. Instantly, a bunch of flashlight beams swung around to pin point your location like deadly lasers. Savage barking filled the air as the hounds caught the sense of excitement and adrenaline.

"Let the dogs loose!" the first voice commanded. The braying got louder and rapid paw steps filled the forest as the bloodhounds thundered through the dry leaves. Your heart jumped into your throat as your mind conjured up images of the bared canines snapping shut around your leg.
'Oh Lord, save me!' you screamed internally. Your legs spurred you faster and faster, the adrenaline and fear coursing through your veins like some kind of wack drug.

There had to be at least something or someone around to help you.

Small tendrils of fog appeared, lacing lazily through the trees and bushes. Up ahead, the tree line disappeared entirely as a wall of fog blanketed the landscape. A smirk made it's way onto your lips.

Perfect cover.

Without hesitation, you ran into the accumulation, letting the wet blanket swallow you. Behind you, the barking and shouting grew fainter and fainter, as if the fog had thrown off their search. Nonetheless, you kept going, the fear of being pursued and caught still fresh in your minds eye. Suddenly, you tripped over a root, skidding to a halt on your side. You laid still for a second, your breath coming in ragged gasps from all the running you just did.
'You should of joined the track team...' you thought with slight amusement. With a grunt, you picked yourself off, examining yourself for any damage. Aside from a couple rips in your jeans and some dirt, you were fine. You sat on your butt and leaned back on your hands, taking deep breaths of the frigid foggy air.

"Thank you, mysterious and super thick fog." you said out loud, giving a thumbs up to the cloud.

The fog did nothing but continue it's lazy drifting through the forest.

You laughed and stood up, looking around for where you should go. Everything looked the same; tree, tree, tree, bush, tree, bush, person, tree, bush, tr-
Your breath hitched in your throat and you froze, eyes locking with the foggy figure of the person, it's eyes glowing an unnatural amber color. By it's side, soft growling could be heard and a large bloodhound stepped forward, teeth bared threateningly. You backed up slowly, hands in front of you as if they offered protection. The figure chuckled darkly, his eyes flashing in the wet darkness of the foggy forest,

"Really now, Y/n. There is no escape. Just come home nice and easy and no one gets hurt." he said sweetly, nonchalantly putting one hand in his fog coat pocket. Your eyes darted between the dog and the man,