Chapter 8

Natalie's Pov

I wake up, yawning and slowly stretching my back with my eyes still closed. When I open them I realized one thing. I'm not at my apartment. But if I wasn't at my apartment, where was I? And who would've brought me here?

Thinking hard I then remember I was last with Xander. After my very clumsy moment of running into him earlier today, we started talking. Our conversation earlier really made me wonder if he genuinely cared about me? Or just wanted to have his way with me for one night. But then, if he didn't really care about me then he wouldn't have driven me to the hospital yesterday. Or sent his men to follow after me to see that I made it home safely. Honestly in my heart, I feel like it's telling me I can trust him but at the same time I really want to keep and opened mind and not be foolish. But I just can't stop think of those deep blue eyes. Or that beautiful soft black hair that I could run my fingers through day and night. Just the thought of holding him for even a minute, made me smile. I mean sure I don't really know him. I'm not even 100% sure I can trust him yet. But I'm starting to and I really do want to get to know him. I look over to the huge clock on the wall that reads 6:02 . Wow I must have slept for a long time.

As I look around I notice the room has been decorated in a beautiful Red. The bedroom is 10 times the size of my whole apartment put together. I am soon caught out of my daydream by a deep, rasped voice but I recognize to whom it belongs.

"I see you are awake now angel. How did you sleep?" Xander asks while making his way to the other side of the bed.

" I slept perfectly. Is this your mansion?" I ask him and he just chuckles and nods his head. "How did I get here?" I ask, still in complete awe at the beautiful room I stand in.

" Well, after we talked in the park you fell asleep and I wasn't going to leave you or especially let you go home by yourself so I brought you to my place love."  He strokes my cheek gently which causes me to blush. His hands are so much larger than mine.

I turn my head so he wouldn't get the sight of it but I guess he did notice because he said "Don't hide your blush from me angel, it's beautiful. You're beautiful." I give him a small thank you and ask him if there's a bathroom I can use. He points to his which allows me to assume this is his room.

I make my way into the bathroom, shut the door and just freshen up a bit. I think about what he said earlier.

How he wouldn't let me go home alone. Does that mean he doesn't plan on taking me home anytime soon or does it mean that he just would want to drive me himself. I don't know why I am stressing out about this but I am . It's just weird. The feeling I get when I'm around him, the bloom of warmth I feel in my chest.

My starts to race the more I think about it and it's almost like ... The feeling of loneliness I felt before. It's like when I'm with him the feeling is almost gone. And that makes me happy, it may be too early to say this but I think I'm starting to Fall fo-
I am cut off of my thoughts as I hear a knock on the door. "Angel are you alright?" I hear Xander ask.

"Yes I am alright, I'll be right out." I make sure I look presentable and then I open the door, turn off the light and walk back into his room which I find empty . "Xander?" I call out to him.

"I'm downstairs love." I hear him say and I begin to make my way downstairs. When I  do get there I begin to search for the kitchen when I accidentally run into a short older women with gray hair and she smiles at me. "Oh my please excuse me I am so sorry for running into you I apologize I'm very clumsy." I say. "It's no worries at all dear, I am just making my way upstairs. I am Mr Moretti's house keeper, my name is Anastasia but please call me Ana. Is there anything I can help you with dear?"

"Yes please miss Ana, I was just looking for the kitchen." I respond hopefully. She beams at me.

"Right this way dear." She leads me to the kitchen where I find a Very VERY sexy Xander. He only has on his robe and it is untied, allowing me to see his toned, muscled and stunning eight pack. I turn to Miss Ana and whisper "Thank you for you're help" she smiles . "It is my pleasure Miss?". "Oh it's not a miss , just Natalie. But you can call me Nina for short." She gives me a quick hug in which I return .

"It was lovely to meet you Nina, I hope to see much more of you soon". And turns away to head upstairs. When I turn around , I see Xander staring at me with look of surprise on his face . "What's wrong ? Did I do something?" I ask and he immediately walks up to me, takes my hands in his.

"Nothing my love. It's just amazing how everyone you meet adores you. Ana never used to be that friendly to anyone." As he says that, I suddenly begin thinking about all the other women that were possibly here before me. I'm not jealous at all because I'm not his girlfriend. And he was just being nice to me. I'm sure as soon as I leave he'll go back to sleeping with different women, women much more beautiful than I'll ever be. At the thought I was a little hurt but not jealous, I just have remember he's only being nice Natalie. He doesn't want you to stay , what could you possibly offer him anyway. You're a waitress. Nothing more.

"Love? are you ok?, you zoned out a little there." I immediately look up at him and smile "I am ok , is it ok if I use your kitchen to make us something to eat?" I ask him softly.

" I immediately look up at him and smile "I am ok , is it ok if I use your kitchen to make us something to eat?" I ask him softly

"My Bella , you never have to ask me to use the kitchen. Consider it yours just as mine. It's ours my sweet Bella."

He says lovingly while stroking my cheek. I hold the hand that rests on my cheek, look up at him and tell him "Ok" as I smile at him. When I think about it I can't help but love the height difference between us. He is a giant compared to me. But I won't complain.

About an hour later I have finished cooking our dinner. I made spaghetti and meatballs which I pray is to Xander's liking. He worked in his office while I whipped up dinner in the kitchen. Humming a lullaby I used to hear from somewhere when I was little, I pile our spaghetti on two plates and place the meatballs on top for the finish. I carefully balance our food and our drinks all in my arms and safely place them on the table.

Thankfully, being a waitress for 4 years has given me a few skills when it comes to the kitchen. I turn around to retrieve our napkins, and bring them to the table also.
I call Xander to come to the table and soon we are sitting down and begin to enjoy our dinner.