Chapter 30

Chyna 

It had been about a week and a half, since the incident with Troy and I couldn't say I was over it, cause I wasn't

It had been about a week and a half, since the incident with Troy and I couldn't say I was over it, cause I wasn't. Nothing about what Troy did was right, and it bothered me to know that i didn't see the signs all along. Although, I was definitely hurt, there was no way I could continue to sit around and mope, so today I was going to see some condos, here in New York. 

I refused to be one of those girls who have "nothing" once they stop fucking with a nigga, which is why I always had my own money. A few weeks after graduation, I was offered a job, regarding my degree, I had never took too much interest in it but since you alway need a plan B I filled out the paperwork. When they contacted me about the position, they told me I had two options, which was to either start within the next couple weeks after graduation with an advance, or I could take a paid year off, which would give me time to choose my location. Because I have a degree in social work, and the company who is interested in me is a governmental branch, I could literally pick wherever to live. Originally, I was just going to stay in Atl with Troy and work at that location, but now I think it'll be better for me here in NY, gives me a feel of a "fresh start". 

After leaving the hair salon, I pulled up in front of the third condo I was scheduled to see today, hoping this would be one that fits my liking. After parking, I turned off the car, and flipped my mirror down, checking my eyebrows and lipgloss, before getting out. I walked up, going into the building, where the realtor was waiting for me. "Here to see the property?" he questioned, with a confused look on his face.

"Yes, Chyna Coleman" I said, reminding him of my appointment. 

"Okay, let me just get you checked in" He said, typing something on his ipad. "I'm Toby by the way" he said, as we heard the elevator doors opening. I stood there, checking my notifications and waited for him to get finished typing whatever he had to type. I looked up, seeing a guy that was passing by, staring me dead in my face. When I caught him staring, he didn't look away, but I did once Toby grabbed my attention. "Ready to go up?" he asked. 

"Yeah" I said, following behind him, towards the elevator. 

"A lot of celebrities live here, do you mind me asking what is that you do?" he asked, as we stepped on the elevator, pressing the 30th floor. 

"Social work" 

He nodded his head, "Government" 

"Yup" i said. 

"So you moving here from a different state or, like from a different side of town" 

"Uhh, from a different state but I'm here a lot" I said, as we passed the 28th floor. 

"Looks like we're here" he said, hearing the elevator ding, letting us know we have arrived on the floor we desired.  "So here, what you would do is enter your code to get through your front door" 

"Wait so the front door, is directly off the elevator?" I asked, as he entered a code. 

"Yes ma'am, you're the only one on this floor" he said. "These are single floor condos"