IV. Good Evening, Dawson

"So, are you excited to see Jack?" Rose asked.

"Of course, I always get excited to see Jack." I said.

"Are you gonna kiss and fall in love?" Rose asked.

"No." I said, laughing.

"You know, (Y/n) Dawson does have a nice ring to it." Rose said.

"Stop." I said, throwing a pillow at her head.

"Okay, okay." Rose laughed, standing up, "You look great."

"Thank you, you do as well." I said, I wrapped my hand around the necklace I had on.

"We should go before Cal beats down the door." Rose said. I nodded, following her out of the door. I brushed my dress off, and fixed my necklace. Rose and Cal and my mother walked in front of me, and Rose laughed along with them.

Once we got to the stairway by the dining hall, I noticed Jack standing by himself, practicing fancy poses. I laughed to myself. And I walked down the stairs.

Jack turned to me and his face softened when he looked at me. The way he looked at me sent shivers down my spine. I smiled and Jack smiled back.

"Good evening, Dawson." I said, smiling. Jack took my hand and brought it up to his mouth, placing a gentle kiss on my hand. I felt my face heating up.

"I saw that on a Nickelodeon once and I've always wanted to do it." Jack said, and we laughed. I wanted to laugh with him forever, "You look beautiful."

"Thank you, Jack." I said, "You look dashing."

"Thank you, (Y/n)." Jack said. We linked our arms and started walking to the dining room, or "Snake Pit". Jack put his chin up and tried to walk like a rich person. I laughed and hit his shoulder.

"Cal, Mother, Rose, surely you remember Jack." I said, looking up and Jack.

"Dawson?" Cal asked, "That's amazing, you could almost pass for a gentleman."

"Yeah, almost." Jack said. Cal turned around and walked with Rose and my mother. Jack and I looked at each other then we walked with them. I was seated next to Jack, thankfully.

"Mr. Dawson is joining us from the 3rd class tonight." Cal said, I glared at Cal.

"Oh really?" Mr. Andrews, the ships director, asked.

"Yes." Cal said, "he was of some assistance to (Y/n)."

"He saved my life." I corrected, looking back at Jack, and smiling. He smiled too.

"Oh, really? What happened?" Bruce asked, I knew he didn't really care.

"I fell off of the back of the ship and Jack caught me." I said.

"Good thing he was around." Mr. Andrews said, I nodded.

"Mr. Dawson, could you tell us if the accommodations of steerage on the ship?" Mother asked. It's like they were out to call him out, to embarrass him.

"Best I've seen, ma'am, hardly any rats."
Jack said. He didn't let my mother get to him.

"And where are you currently living?" Mother asked.

"Well, my current address is the RMS Titanic." Jack said.

"And how is it you have means to travel?" Mother asked, she was pushing her limits.

"I work my way from place to place." Jack said, "You know, tramp steamers and such."

"And you find this sort of ruthless living appealing, do you?" Mother asked.