V. They've Got You Trapped

"It was the last time Titanic ever saw daylight. The ship of dreams was doomed."

I opened the door to my room as quietly as I could, I shut the door and turned around, only to be met with Rose. Awake.

"Where were you?" Rose asked.

"With Jack." I answered. Rose nodded.

"You seriously need to stay away from him before you get in serious trouble." Rose said.

"He makes me happy, Rose." I said, "I don't want to stay away from him. I can't stay away from him at this point."

"You can't hide away with him forever!" Rose yelled, "He can't take care of you, he's poor!"

"Do you really think I care about how much money he has? I love Jack for who he is, not the amount of money in bus pocket! Why can't you get that?" I asked, "I can take care of myself, Rose!"

"Stay away from him, or I'm telling Mother. Rose threatened. Then she got in her bed and went to sleep. I changed and went to bed as well. If she really thinks she's making me stay away from Jack, she's wrong.

The next morning, I woke up and got ready for morning tea with Cal and Rose. I walked out to the small dining room we had, and I sat next to Rose and across from Cal.

"So, how are you feeling?" Cal asked, I raised an eyebrow. He's not actually concerned, is he?

"I'm little tired." I said.

"I imagine you would be." Cal said, "Your extrusions below deck were no doubt tiring."

"How did you—"

"You will not behave like that again, (Y/n)." Cal said.

"You can't say that, you can't tell me what to do. I'm not one of your maids, Cal." I said, "I'm your future sister-in-law."

"Yes you are, and by practice and soon by law and you will honor me the way a sister is required to honor her brother!" Cal yelled, flipping the table and placing his hands on the arms of my chair so I couldn't leave, "Do I make myself clear?"

"Y-yes." I stuttered, tears falling out of my eyes.  I looked at Rose and she just walked out of the room with Cal after giving me a sympathetic look. She's turning into one of them.

"Are you okay, miss?" Trudy asked, running over to pick the glass up. I tried to help her but she wouldn't let me. I just cried, it's all I could do.

About an hour later, we were scheduled for a tour of the ship so I had to get dressed. Trudy was tightening my corset, well, until Mother walked in.

"Tea, Trudy." Mother said, Trudy nodded and walked out of the room, "you are not to see that boy again."

"Why?" I asked, he makes me happy."

"You know why, don't play dumb, you know the money's gone." Mother said.

"Of course I know it's gone, you remind me everyday." I said.

"This isn't a game, (Y/n)." Mother said, "Your father left a legacy of bad debts in my good name. That name is the only game we have to play."

"Oh stop it, Mother, you'll give yourself a nose bleed." I said.

"Why are you being so selfish?" Mother asked.

"I'm being selfish?" I asked, "For wanting to be with the boy I love?"

"It's a fine match with Hockley and it'll ensure our survival." Mother, "And once Cal's brother flys in I'm sure you'll click with him."

"No, I won't because I've already clicked with Jack." I said.

"I better not see you with him again." Mother said, walking out of the room. Maybe I should stay away from Jack, maybe they're right. I sighed and walked to meet my family for the tour.

All through the tour I felt empty, like I couldn't speak. All I thought about was Jack. How we met, the party, him calling me beautiful, him saving me. I wanted him, but I can't have him. And once I leave this ship, I'll never see him again.

We were walking along side the ship, looking at the life boats and such when I felt someone grab my arm. I turned around to see Jack, the last person I wanted to see now. He pulled me into a room and took the hat he was wearing off.

"Jack, this is impossible." I said, "I can't see you." I tried to leave but he grabbed my arm.

"No, let me get this out." Jack said, I stayed, "(Y/n), you're no picnic. You're a spoiled little brat even, but none of that matters. You're the most amazing girl — women I've ever known."

"Jack, I can't." I said.

"I'm not an idiot, I know how the world works." Jack said, "I've got ten bucks in my pocket, and nothing to offer you, I know that. But you jump, I jump, remember?"

"You're making this hard for me."
I said, a tear slipping from my eyes, Jack cupped my cheek and wiped it away.

"They've got you trapped, (Y/n). And you're gonna die if you don't break free. Maybe not right away because you're strong." Jack said, rubbing my cheek with his thumb, "But that fire that I love about you, that's fire is going to burn out."

"It's not up to you to save me, Jack." I said.

"You're right, only you can do that." Jack said, I put my hand on top of his and pulled off of my face.

"I'm going back, leave me alone." I said, walking out of the room, leaving Jack. I was full on crying now, wiping my eyes.

I knew it was time for lunch so I headed to the dining hall to eat, I wasn't really hungry though.

I walked in and sat down, no one even asked where I had gone. They were all discussing Rose's wedding. I just sat there, a blank expression on my face. I realized I made a hug mistake. I needed to be with Jack. I stood up and ran out of the dining room, off to look for Jack.

As I was running around the deck I spotted Tommy and Fabrizio. I ran over to them, and they turned to me.

"Hello, (Y/n)." Tommy greeted.

"Hi, Tommy, have any of you seen Jack?" I asked.

"He went that way." Tommy pointed to the bow of the ship. I nodded, yelling a quick 'thanks' over my shoulder, then I headed in the direction of Jack.

I spotted him leaning against the rail, looking off into the sunset. It felt like a scene from a movie.

"Hello, Jack." I said, Jack instantly turned his head towards me, I smiled, "I changed my mind—" Jack smiled widely at me "—they said you might be—"

"Shh." Jack interrupted, "Give me your hand."

I obeyed and gave Jack my hand.

"Now close your eyes." Jack said, "Step up."

I followed his instructions, confused, but still smiling.

"Do you trust me?" Jack asked, I smiled more.

"I trust you." I said.

"Step up on the railing." Jack said, and I did, "Don't look."

"I won't." I said, giggling a little. I felt Jack spread my arms out, kind of like wings. I felt Jack step on too, and place his hands on my waist.

"Open." Jack whispered. I opened my eyes and I was amazed, it felt like I was flying.

"I'm flying, Jack!" I said, smiling. After a minute, I lowered my arms and Jack did too. We looked at each other, noses touching. I found myself leaning in, Jack doing the same. And in no time, our lips molded together. And we kissed with a building passion. I felt so many fireworks go off. I am his and he is mine.