A l l n i g h t e r

"Do you know how fucking annoying it is when you are the manager but you still have to deal with covering shifts for others?!"

"Why'd you agree in the first place?" Kook asks slouched in the small couch in the staff room. I had retired to check over stock updates, excel sheets and reports that were pending. "—Like I said it was an accident."

" I love how you end up in the most bizarre situations, like actually being the manager but still having noncontrol over things. This is great!" He starts laughing behind me and I roll my eyes as I read through the stock lists. "Your not supposed to be here." I add, underlying him to go back home and get some sleep.

"I don't care if we have to stay here all night. I'm staying—"

"We have to stay here all night." I deadpan and I earn a deep sigh,
"-Well fuck."

ㄴㅇㄱ

"You know my dad was the most extra ass ever?" I hiccup, laughing for the past hour or so. My cheeks were beginning to hurt, a wide grin continually plastered on my face.

He laughs as the coffee machine beeps, "Ha really? Why?" Jungkook hands me my, what I think is my 6th cup of instant coffee. When you have to stay up all night and your running on no sleep, a caffeine overload is the way to go.

Plus the sleeplessness has led me to being restless. I relentlessly blabber everything at the top of my head, even things I'd never knew I'd say or laugh about, "He used to have custom shoes made you know? With fucking custom soles and shit—"

"I mean he does own the biggest luxury brand in all of Korea." He counters as he settles next to me peering into the computer. His hands hold a stolen bottle of banana milk from the refreshment fridge meant for the employees only, and his eyes are as red as mine burning from the LED screen we've both been staring at for hours. Attempting to stay awake, completing up a monthly report that was soon due, looking through escalated emails.

"But like come on kook, Even his shoe grips were custom made, they had that eye catching triangular pattern that would imprint on the ground. Honestly that man was completely custom made, one of a fucking kind." It surprises me that I'm able to vent out so freely to him. I've never liked talking or even thinking about back home, and here I am now.

"And and my fucking brother, I don't know how he's takes it all but I'm happy he exists, because now they don't really need me." Jungkook squeezes my shoulder tight at that, because he knows. He knows no matter how much I've always detested them, they were family and it fucking sucks when you're not wanted by people who you thought really meant to you.

"What still surprises me is that they never came back for you. That they just cut ties," he says his hands start soothing small circles on my shoulders.

I blink back sudden tears, It's just the light from the screen burning my eyes, I tell myself. "—Like I said kook, they were happy to get rid of me."

One of his hands slides up to my cheek and he pecks me softly on the forehead, "Kook is—too well, I don't know. How about babe or Romeo. Oh my god Romeo, I forgot about Romeo!"

I cringe and laugh leaning against him.
There's that familiar scent again. And that warmth. And that light. And that joy. Just that fact that Jeon Jungkook exists and is mine and is holding me tight seems enough a reason for me to keep going on.
On and on and on.

The rest of the night speeds through. We talk and talk and talk, I take break for rounds and he holds me and we talk more when I come back.

I get an update from Taehyung saying that his date went fabulous. They managed to catch a late night movie together and that he'd cover double shifts on Monday as a thank you.

8 am Sunday morning and I finally have the day and the next off and the shift is over. I want to go home fall asleep and hold him all while through it.

He makes me feel safe. He makes me feel home, and I've never felt that.  All my life.

[A/N] (please read)
Short messy filler chap because today was fucking exhausting and I hadn't found the right mindset to write in ages but I really wanted to update.

I might not update for next 2 days or so because I really need to get my mind back on track :/

But while I'm gone here are a few questions I want y'all as readers to think about:

1. The time difference between log 5 and 6 (if you've noticed) is the largest. Why do you think so? Why didn't see log in between?

2. HaRin's parents run the biggest company and were involved in the biggest scandal involving their run away daughter. You think they'd let her slip so easy?

3. Notice any changes in the way the logs are written?

*wink wink*

I'd like to hear you thoughts. And remember, nothing in this story happens without a reason. You thought this was a funny and fluffy story, didn't you? 🙃