Ghost Princess ~ Three

"Interesting..." Selena muttered when she read a book about the history of the world that she's currently in. It's not everyday that you find yourself in a world that's full of wonders and mysteries.

"What are you reading Princess?"

It's been a couple of days since Selena woke up in this world. Couple of days of either getting to know the place she's in and a couple of small talks and getting to know each other with Quin. The maid was the only people that Selena could rely and trust for a while before she needs to take a bigger step towards on getting out of the Kingdom to adventure for a while.

"The History of Inverno and how it started." Selena replied the girl who was curious. Quin placed the breakfast tray that she was carrying on Selena's lap.

"I gave the chefs the recipe that you gave to me yesterday and told them to make it for you Princess." Quin said as she gestured towards the food on Selena's lap. Selena put the book down and inspected the breakfast in front of her.

It's just a chocolate croissant and a vanilla coffee. Well, she did wanted to eat this kind of breakfast back then so, why not?

"Princess," Quin suddenly said, "can I ask, what food is that?"

Selena choked on her croissant and started coughing aggressively. Quin panicked and grabbed a glass of water beside the bed and handed it to her Mistress.

"Y-You don't know what is t-this?" Selena managed to choke out. {Ahem} Quin just shook her head no.

'If I do not know this kind of breakfast, does it mean that this kind of food is hidden from the poor and average aristocratic people?' Quin thought as she helped her Mistress stop her aggressive coughs.

~~

"It's been a while since I have seen that girl."

"Indeed, why don't we check on her Father?"

The King of Inverno stared at the Crown Prince with his cold look and sighed. That girl was his first love's child and he didn't do anything to stop her from turning into an embarrassment of the family. Oh yes, just thinking about her sickness made the King proud of himself to be called as a 'caring' father. ¿See the sarcasm?

"Alright, lets go check on her then." The King announced and stood up from his 'almighty' throne failing to notice the cold and resentful look on the Crown Prince's face.

"Wait for me Father, I'm coming with you to see Little Sister." The Fifteen year-old Prince said and walked beside his Father.

~~

"P-Princess?" Quin squeaked.

"What is it?" Selena playfully glared at the maid who looked like she was about to faint and scream any moment now.

"T-The- um, K-King-" Selena didn't even let Quin to finish her sentence since she already went to the walk-in-closet and changed her dress. Waking up from her frightened state, Quin quickly helped her Mistress look good and praised herself mentally when she stared at her Mistress' outfit.

Selena wore black off-shouldered dress that stops in her knees. The back of the dress goes down a bit further to her mid-legs. The designs of the dress only contains with some frilly laces around the edges of the dress and two thin belts under her chest. Her dark coloured hair was all tied up into a quick messy bun with a dark feathered pen to secure the bun together.

{After two years of writing, the author still sucks at writing descriptions.}

"I'll go and wait for the K-King to arrive outside the room Princess!" Quin squeaked out before rushing towards the exit. Selena blankly stared at herself in the mirror and took a quick look.

Dark hair, normal. Blue eye colour on the left, Red eye colour on the right, definitely not normal. Unless you have Heterochromia iridium of course.

{Heterochromia Iridium = a scientific word for having two different eye colours. It's actually real but it's quite rare for humans to actually get it. Having it can be both a bad and cool thing to have.}

"Princess," Selena looked away from the mirror and saw Quin with a nervous look.

"The King's here," Quin stopped for a moment to wether or not to mention the second person who's also in here since that person and her Mistress has a very bad childhood together.

"Spill it Quin.." Selena muttered coldly. Her eyes started to turn red instead of having those different coloured ones.

"T-The C-Crown Prince is a-also h-here.."

Selena's mind went straight to the old owner's memory lane.

Series of clips about a little boy with a baby girl started to surround her memories.

~~

"Y-You killed Mommy.." the little boy said sadly and stared at the baby girl inside a gold crib.

"You must p-pay..you should have died instead of M-Mommy.."

~~

"Ahh~.." Selena blinked into the real world again. Quin led the Princess outside the closet to meet with the King and the Crown Prince.

This is going to be a one cold meeting..

__
¡Aye Aye kids!

Ya Author finally has Instagram! If you want to catch up with me or see some behind da scenes sneak peeks of what the story and other incoming reincarnation stories about, might as well check meh insta page.

You wanna talk to me about some stuff? DM me then. I'm always online looking for BTS stuff.

Instagram—> _datphoenix_