e.i.g.h.t.e.e.n

Author's Note: Hey guys, just wanted to give you a head's up before you dive into this chapter. There is mention of an attempted rape at the very beginning, so if this is something you'd prefer not to read, I'm putting a bold divider where you can skip to and resume reading from there.

———

As the man ripped Remi's clothes off in one, smooth motion, leaving her in only her undergarments, she left out a angry snarl. "Get off me!"

The other men crowded around, leaving the other woman alone long enough for her to spare Remi a single fleeting glance before darting off through the broken door and out of sight. They began unzipping their pants, pulling them down until they pooled at their feet, and were left in only their undershorts.

Bile formed in Remi's throat as the man began roughly touching her skin. She writhed and kicked, only to have the men pin down her arms and legs. Everything he touched left behind what felt like spiders crawling under her skin, eating her from the inside. She couldn't stand the feeling.

Remi's body began to shake and tremble, and sweat broke out over her skin, leaving a thin sheen of perspiration.

She screamed until her throat felt raw, and even then she refused to stop. She would scream and scream and scream until someone heard her.

"Look Buck, she's enjoying it so much that she's already all worked up and sweating," one grinned with a few gaps in his teeth. His hands fiddled in his lap. "Can we have at her now, boss?"

"Screw you!" Remi yelled furiously.

"Not yet," he whispered with a sadistic gleam in his eyes. "I'm only getting started. This wench had the disrespect to spit in my face. We're going to draw this out and break her."

With one strong hand, the man flipped her over so that he could unclasp her bra.

The musty scent of the floor filled her nostrils.

She wished she had her cousins' abilities right now. They could disintegrate someone from any part of their body in seconds as long as there was skin to skin contact, while Remi always had to use her hands and concentrate hard for a longer amount of time and was so much better at healing than destroying.

With her arms pinned down with gloved hands, Remi felt like she had no chance, and that feeling of hopelessness only made her panic all the more.

Remi could already feel hives breaking out over her skin where that disgusting pig had touched her stomach and breasts, and she was beginning to hyperventilate. Her screams were strangled by the impossibly quick, terrified breaths her body was forcing her to take.

As the clasp of her bra finally came undone, Remi opened her mouth and let out one more terrified shriek.

And heard the door of the shop fall off its hinges onto the floor with a loud bang, startling the men.

The one touching her back held his hand in place. The skin beneath his fingers burned in pain as if it was on fire, and disgusted shivers racked her body in painful waves.

"What are you buffoons doing?" a woman's voice interrupted them, her voice low and sultry, but also deathly sharp. She wasn't pleased. "This wasn't apart of the contract."

"So?" one of the men grumbled. "We're improvising."

"Like hell you are," she snarled, storming her way over. Remi heard her sandals clacking against the ground, and suddenly a pair of ankles came into view. "Get off her; you're making her break out in hives."