xvii. Holliday Lippincott (Pt.2)

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

SEVENTEEN HOLLIDAY LIPPINCOTT

(PT. 2)

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       HOLLIDAY LIPPINCOTT.

       Her name's a variation of another name, one that replaces the first name with the nickname Holly. It is a name that has been thrown around frequently since September, ever since she stood in line with the first years to be sorted, with ice-white hair and a gaze a couple notches down from piercing.

       Often the name's featured with the names of her friends. Sometimes it's how she's the best friend of a girl many hate, of a girl with an equally piercing resting face. Sometimes it's mentioned with the name of her step-cousin, and more recently, her step-father, now that half the school's read the article about his death. Other times it's whispered amongst friends gossiping in the back of a classroom, where in a hushed voice someone says, I heard she went to Durmstrang... Frequently it's been mentioned in the Gryffindor common room, by a boy who for some reason can't stop thinking about her.

       Recently, it's been noted with another thing. She's got to win the tournament. By this point in the tournament it seems to have been decided by the majority of the school that obviously Holliday Lippincott will win the Triwizard Tournament. We've seen her swimming and training, every morning she's out there, getting ready, the Hufflepuff says to their friend in Potions. Of course she will, she's the only one with common sense! says their friend, the Ravenclaw. Every lesson she's got her hand up, answering questions like they're an easy breeze, a walk in the park. Every lesson she impresses the teachers and the other kids sitting in the classroom, because who would've thought?

       The most recent use of the name, however, happens to be from her best friend, who, as Holliday Lippincott laced her shoes to walk down to the Quidditch field to get details on the final task, shouts at the top of her lungs, "MAKE WAY FOR HOLLIDAY LIPPINCOTT, THE TRIWIZARD CHAMPION!"

       Holly grins back at her, and crosses her fingers. "We'll have to see!"

       She leaves her dorm room, and passes through the common room, where someone has the record player blaring wizard rock music. As she passes through the groups of students studying and messing about, she grabs one of the Chocolate Frogs from the table of leftover food. When the door to the dungeons closes behind her, the music and the laughter goes with it. Now, all Holly can hear are her own footsteps, and the sounds of her unpeeling the Chocolate Frog to bite its head off.

       As she reaches the entrance hall, she sees Harry and Cedric about to walk down to the Quidditch pitch, and she hurries up to get to them, greeting them with, "I have no clue where this Quidditch pitch is, so hi, hello."