TWO: TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK

Chapter 2: Trick or Treat, Freak
"When there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna call?"

Chapter 2: Trick or Treat, Freak"When there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna call?"

It was Halloween morning and Eve wanted to go home, she was at school looking in her locker for a book she was begging she hadn't left at home.

She was eating a breakfast bar as she was already running late thanks to her brother. She had to cycle to school because Steve decided to leave without her.

Steve and Eve had a very weird relationship. They were close, but sometimes could be complete assholes to each other - so when Steve had left without her, Eve wasn't that surprised. It happened at least twice a month.

"Morning," she heard Max's voice. She looked over at the red head to see her locker three away from her own. She smiled as a hello, her mouth full of healthy oats and shit as she closed her locker and leaned against it, coming to the realisation that she had, in fact, left her book at home.

Detention here she comes.

"How are you doing on this fine Halloween morning?" Eve asks, taking another bite of her bar. She was looking around, making sure that Heather wasn't around to see her talking to Max. She did not want to deal with that level of bitch that early in the morning.

Heather had always been the biggest bitch, everyone knew it. She was pretty, but her personality completely ruined it. Eve could literally just watch Heather breathe and be annoyed, that's how much she hated her.

"Better now you're here," Max says with a small nod and a smile, "my asshole of a brother had a random girl round last night... let's just say they didn't just lie on his bed and sleep."

"Oh! Nice! I definitely needed to know that. Thanks for enlightening me," Eve says sarcastically as the bell goes. She throws her half eaten bar into the bin and says a quick goodbye before heading off to class, seeing Dustin and Lucas in ghost buster costumes staring at her.

"Nice costumes," she giggles, walking off to class.

-

"That lesson dragged on way too much," Eve says as she walks to her locker, Max following like a lost puppy. She didn't know what it was, but she was obsessed with the Harrington girl.

Eve liked Max's company, usually she'd have Lily or Heather talking about something the Harrington had no interest in. Max actually talked to the girl instead of at her.

"Tell me about it," Max says as Eve opens her locker, only to have Dustin clear his throat. The two girls looked over to see Dustin and Lucas standing there in their costumes with huge smiles on their faces.