Chapter 36

Lucas

"Well, we should probably get going," I say for the third time. I've been trying to get Scarlett away from my family for the past hour with no luck. Dinner went better than I had expected and after a light interrogation from my family, they decided that they are in love with her. The only one that isn't caught under the spell that is Scarlett, is Andrea, which is understandable considering that she's extremely overprotective of us. She's probably still not too sure of what Scarlett's intentions are with me. Andrea has this silly idea that if anyone gets into a relationship with one of us, they're just trying to get a piece of the Bellini fortune. Once she realizes that Scarlett isn't like the other money hungry hoes I used to surround myself with, she'll warm up to her.

Out of all my family, Callie has taken the greatest liking to Scarlett, with Ava coming in close second. Usually, Callie is extremely nervous and shy around new people, but once she found out that Scarlett didn't like having her curls brushed just like her, she fell in love and hasn't left Scarlett's lap since. It's adorable. Scarlett would probably never admit it but she's really good with kids. She even let Callie "braid" her hair, which was just Callie playing in it.

My mom is totally in love with Scarlett and is ready to adopt her into the family. She's never been this way with any of the other girls I've brought home but then again most the girls she's met were naked and in my bed, so there's that.

Dad loves everyone so there was never a doubt that he wouldn't like her but I didn't think the connection was going to be this strong this soon, but as always Scarlett amazes me. Apparently, she knows quite a bit about Italy and Italian culture, which won my dad over. She can even understand some basic Italian apparently due to it being "somewhat similar to Spanish." Her words, not mine. The girl is fluent in Spanish which is something that I didn't know.

"What's the rush? We're having a good time with your girlfriend." Ava says before taking a selfie with Scarlett. "What's your insta so I can tag you?" Ava is absolutely obsessed with all things Social Media. At first, it was annoying but now we're used to her having her nose glued to the phone and using us as props to get more likes.

"Exactly she's my girlfriend. Emphasis on mine."

"Technically I'm not yours because I'm not a possession. And it's ScarlettRose. Two T's." Scarlett responds.

"Is Rose your middle name?" Scarlett doesn't tell me much about herself, so I wouldn't know if that's her middle name or not.

"Wow, a woman who knows her worth and isn't falling into the typical role of a woman. Where did you find this one at Lucas? I think she's a keeper." Andrea, who literally hates everyone says from her reclining chair. Somehow after dinner, we ended up in one of our theaters where football was the background to everyone ogling over Scarlett.

"Seriously Scarlett. Is my brother paying you to come here? Blink twice if you need help." Everyone laughs at Chris' douchebaggery expect me.

"Okay enough of that. We really need to get going. It's getting late and I have to get her back to the dorms."

"The dorms?!" Mom's wide-eyed and dramatic "No one's there plus its cold. You'll freeze to death, honey. I thought I raised you better than this Lucas."

"It's really no problem Mrs. Bel- I mean Lizzy. The dorms are quiet for once and I really focus on my studying."

"Nonsense. Forget Studying. Lucas take her back to your house. Let your girlfriend stay with you. That way you know she's safe."

"Mom-"

"Don't argue with me, Lucas. As long as your father and I are paying your rent, I can tell you who can stay in your house."